Help on AR manufacturer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POPIG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Friend and I looking to buy or build truck gun.
I have had good luck with primary arms they have complete guns and parts from a company called radical firearms has any one dealt with them and their products. I like price of 7.62x39 pistol. Let me know we are looking to build.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfamiliar..........Google may be your best friend, although I do trust the PA crew/ownership, I still only purchase the gear from long time established companies like Mega, Continental Machine Tool (the REAL CMT) and Stag (their 'commercial' division, LMT, etc.... Up till the latest event, prices/sales have been pretty stout. Who knows where things will go now, other than up.

Basically, it comes down to expectations. IF you don't care and are not conerned about things......buy whatever you want. But, if you think you care about quality and long term...... Spend the extra 15-30$ and buy a proven piece of kit.

These things go boom, why take the risk or decide to redo it after the fact with quality parts, wasting money.

Last edited:

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
AR's in AK rounds tend to be finicky with magazines. Reliability is an issue quite a bit.

Get a standard 5.56 and use pmags would be my suggestion.
Contrary to popular belief, you don't need an expensive AR that says Larue,Daniel defense, Noveske, etc. to hold up to multiple thousands of rounds and be accurate out to 500 yards. Whatever you get, run it wet and feed it quality ammo... done...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AR's in AK rounds tend to be finicky with magazines. Reliability is an issue quite a bit.

Get a standard 5.56 and use pmags would be my suggestion.
Contrary to popular belief, you don't need an expensive AR that says Larue,Daniel defense, Noveske, etc. to hold up to multiple thousands of rounds and be accurate out to 500 yards. Whatever you get, run it wet and feed it quality ammo... done...

Best advice eva.

POPIG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have multiple .556 now from $700 to $1600. I agree wetter the better, I was looking for something different to play with. I keep sub 2000 in vehicle now way things are going may need more knock down but like smaller package. Going to be down for awhile have not built ar before thought might be fun to try.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do agree with Robar above - Don't get hung up on the Name game per se, just make sure you are getting quality/proven parts for your build especially since the sales and such lately have the differences fairly minimal.

Also AK round in the AR -- If done right, it can be as close to flawless as possible. The bolt is the biggest weak link. CMMG has done the best to fix that....... LGW has as well, but very costly and for the money you can buy 2 from another reputable source.

Rubber City Armory has a lifetime warranty on their full 762x39 melonited BCG, and could be the way to go. Charles at Black Rifle Arms is working on a newer design I believe, call him for another option on that part.

THE "FIX" - to answer that above -

1. Polish, bevel and widen the feed ramps as needed

2. AK Springs (Wolff) in the Mags to give the best force

3. Open up/lower the front of the Mag to avoid the case mouth from impacting it. Dremel it out

4. Try to remove the speed bump on the underside of the mag lips, not overly critical IMO.

Ultimately, its trial and error. But they can run just as good as a 556.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd do 300BLK in a heartbeat, but when it comes to cost ---- tough to beat the x39.

What are reloaders averaging for cost. ? When the 68 was in trials, I was at 66c per round reloading...........

TyMD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd do 300BLK in a heartbeat, but when it comes to cost ---- tough to beat the x39.

What are reloaders averaging for cost. ? When the 68 was in trials, I was at 66c per round reloading...........

Cost depends on how much I have to pay to get powder, but I can usually reload for 35ish cents per round. It takes a big to get brass resized, but once that is done it's a breeze. It's nice to be able to use all my 5.56 mags too.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree that the Blackout seems to be a pretty damn good compromise. Especially if you're a reloader. The ability to customize rounds for subsonic/supersonic, suppressed, unsuppressed, etc. Swapping out uppers, utilizing readily available, inexpensive and reliable 5.56 components without any need to modify them is a big big plus to me. I just built a .300 SBR, though I haven't run anything through it yet, but I'm excited at the prospect.

Latest posts

Top Bottom