Help on Grips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Grips?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ooo... I do like those...

The 2nd one reminds me of a few pieces of Olive wood I had a while back.

Esmeralda does some really nice grips, and she will do one off's for different guns not listed. As soon as I can afford to do so I'm going to have a set of the Alders done up for my 67-1.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Esmeralda does some really nice grips, and she will do one off's for different guns not listed. As soon as I can afford to do so I'm going to have a set of the Alders done up for my 67-1.

I'd be curious to see her set up... I can't imagine she does all of those by hand, I think she has a computer cutter of some sort, they're all too perfect to really be done by hand in my opinion. But, you never know. :)

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I gotta say, I prefer the Alumagrip checkering outline to the double diamond of the Hogue.

And Sol, do you mean like these:
Strider Gunner
awww.brownells.com_userdocs_skus_l_100002829_1.jpg

Yep, those are the ones. They have some serious bite but come with a strip of aluminum oxide sand paper to tone down the points a bit. They are made of G10 so they are pretty much impervious to any solvent. These might not be the best choice if you intend to cc the gun. When they are new they look a little chalky but if you put a little oil or WD-40 on them they'll have a bit of shine to them.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
No worries Traxxis. You didn't recommend them in this thread, but you posting reminded me. I may just have to get hold of you when I build this gun. ;)

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gunners or VZs... :D That is, if you like grip. I mostly have VZ Operator variants on all of my 1911s

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
of the three, I like alumagrips the best. Carbon grips are hokey, imo.
I dont want my gun looking like some young punk's Honda civic instrument panel.

I prefer davidsons, vz, or strider.

In the realm of 1911 grips; wood vs. composite, Ill take function over form any day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom