Help Reduce OSA Server's Load by doing Site Specific Searches with Google.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glock girl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was trying this earlier yesterday - put my search in to search within okshooters.com, and not a single link I clicked on worked. The address that used to always pop up to the forums also no longer works, I have to manually type in okshooters.com and then click the forum link.

FYI: This is the address that doesn't work that used to be general discussion: http://www.okshooters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2

So, it's a good idea in theory, it doesn't actually work at this point in time.

Every link I tried from google gets this:

Not Found

The requested URL /forums/showthread.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
reason why your old link is not working ... OSA has recently gone through two upgrades.
after the last upgrade, all my old bookmarked links stopped working too.

if you've hit some old links indexed by Google that no longer works.
simply click on cached version to view

please post exact search parameters that didn't work.

I was trying this earlier yesterday - put my search in to search within okshooters.com, and not a single link I clicked on worked. The address that used to always pop up to the forums also no longer works, I have to manually type in okshooters.com and then click the forum link.

FYI: This is the address that doesn't work that used to be general discussion: http://www.okshooters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2

So, it's a good idea in theory, it doesn't actually work at this point in time.

Every link I tried from google gets this:

Not Found

The requested URL /forums/showthread.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll come right out and say this:

If it is coming down to how recent your search engine is to be hitting the classifieds deals you want, then you are probably not here for the right reason. You did read the rules, that state the classifieds is intended to be a benefit for contributing members, not a firearms related craigslist right?

Is that even close to what I said? I already use Google for most of my searches because of the fact you can search for shorter words. I was just trying to clarify for a specific situation in case people didn't know that Google isn't immediately indexing this site.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Is that even close to what I said? I already use Google for most of my searches because of the fact you can search for shorter words. I was just trying to clarify for a specific situation in case people didn't know that Google isn't immediately indexing this site.

It's not personal. Just in general, the idea that if *any* member is worried that "if I use the wrong search engine, I won't catch all the good classifieds deals," is indicative of the wrong motive for being here. If it doesn't apply to you, it doesn't apply to you.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GREAT idea Charles... I hadn't thought of doing that!

I know when I'm looking for a thread, I hesitate sometimes just because the built in site search seems slow and a bit cumbersome so this is an awesome alternative.

Latest posts

Top Bottom