use the back button instead of pressing "New Post" yet again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
folks that live on classifies and want to be first in line on deals that pop up ... New Posts ... searches for and brings up newest posts on OSA. that's why it's so resource intensive.

once someone learns how handy it can be... not unusual to find yourself using it constantly. the "New Posts" is almost always the most used feature for any large forum.

New Posts is not the only custom search available, just that it's the most commonly used one. let's say someone wants to find out information on 1911 triggers. instead posting the same questions again and irritating everyone. a search for "1911 trigger" is done. that search quarries the entire database and uses a large amount of resources.

now take 700+ people ALL making some type of requests to the server....
thank goodness not all at the same time. hence why the request to space out those quarries to the database.

I'm with Perrone. Never heard of New Post and certainly never used it. Still don't know what it is, although I now know where it is. Is it basically "refresh"?

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, won't have to worry about me overusing "New Post". I find it easy to just refresh the classifieds to get a similar result.

Anyway, it's good to have the site back up.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've already sent paypal for general support... have you?

the second paypal offer was specifically to help setup an OSA Lifeline
for the times OSA is down for what ever reason.

none of my suggestions are original ... but are from Candle Power Forums. they are up to 120k+ members now and went through the same growing pains.

You don't need someone to PM you in order to donate.
There is a PAYPAL link on the home page.

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm with Perrone. Never heard of New Post and certainly never used it. Still don't know what it is, although I now know where it is. Is it basically "refresh"?

I never knew it existed either. Of course after reading this i had to try it.:rolleyes2 I think I will stick to clicking the "General Discussions" link at the top of the thread to return to the main list.

Understanding the issues it causes, I have to agree that there is really no reason to have it there. Hurt vs. Help

Latest posts

Top Bottom