Help With Holster Mod.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got rid of my full size MP9 and got a MP9 Pro model for shooting competitions. Unfortunately, I had just bought a BladeTech holster for it. Rather than try and sell it and get a new one, I decided to try and modify it so that the pro would fit. It seems all I have to do is cut the bottom of the holster enough for the extra inch of length to come through.

Can someone verify this?

I was going to use the Dremel to do this. Is that the right approach?

I'm looking for any ideas on this one.

Thanks

B

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
is it molded or kydex?

From someones whos been there, and has the post card, sell it and get one for a Pro. Its not going to be the same.

Or chop it and have me laugh at your holster when I see you at a match. :D

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, it can be done, just make sure your cut is straight. Use some 600 grit paper to smooth the edge, then wipe it forcefully with a rag with TCE (brake cleaner) on it.

If there are differences externally in the Pro and regular MP9, you can spot-form with a heat gun and a ktichen towel. Take your time & make it nice. I'd offer, but I'm tied up until Christmas break with school.:smash:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
is it molded or kydex?

From someones whos been there, and has the post card, sell it and get one for a Pro. Its not going to be the same.

Or chop it and have me laugh at your holster when I see you at a match. :D

I'm with Mike on this one. Sell that one and buy another one. Don't try grinding on it thinking you can make it work. You'll just ruin it and then NOBODY will wanna buy it from you.

The M&P is popular enough by now that you shouldn't have any trouble selling it. You probably won't get what you paid for it, but them's the breaks.

I've bought (new) and sold (at a loss) so damned much gear in my 20 years of totin' an iron, I would probably be close to my first million by now.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A guy just had this exact holster on here for sale and kept lowering the price and it wouldn't sell. I don't mind selling for a little less, but this doesn't seem like a daunting task to open up the bottom of it so the gun sticks out a little. Mike, there are LOTS of things to laugh at when you see me at a match. I won't worry too much about this one. :-)

I would like you to do the trigger on this gun though. :-)

B

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
no problem.

Just looking out for you. Im seeing things you might not see yet; like the potential for the front sight to catch on the edge of the chopped holster on a draw; like the muzzle of the gun getting banged up and catching on something if you have a seated start on a stage, etc etc.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Mike. You are mostly likely quite right. I haven't done it yet.. something kept me from going at it tonight. :-)

B

Latest posts

Top Bottom