Hernia Surgery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, looks like it's under the knife for me, got a nice big old inguinal hernia, hurts like hell and the doc said it is gonna require surgery. Ain't skeered; (too much) :chop: but if anybody feels like throwing some sympathy my way, I'd appreciate it. :eek2: This is puting my going to the range to test my new G26 and Kahr PM9 off for a day or two is what really pisses me off!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh man ... That's the only time I saw my dad ever act like he was hurting. Youse got TONS of sympathy from me. (Oh ... and his surgery was like 35 years ago. Surely they have better technique now! LOL)

slide

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hang in there. Everything will be o.k. With the medical care we have nowdays they will get you fixed and back on the range in now time.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know it's odd, mine didn't hurt at all until I had the surgery. The doc was astounded at my lack of pain as mine was to big for the laproscopic (sp?) procedure. He had to do the old fashioned "sew the muscles back together" on me. Doc said "you are gonna be sore". I had to tell him he was mistaken on my 1st visit afterward. It friggin hurt! The inside of my thigh hurt for 6 months! He said it was because there is a nerve that they can't avoid cutting in that procedure and it re-grows at about an inch per month. He was spot on because I was slightly numb there for about 6 months. Good part is I'm 100% after healing. Just watch your lifting for the time they tell you, otherwise you get to do it all over again. Stretching is good too before lifting. Don't worry, you'll live...

okiemaggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My husband had both sides of his groin reinforced in '01. If you are laying flat, DO NOT sit straight up. Roll to your side and lift yourself up with your arms (like a pregnant woman.) Don't forget to have a few bags of frozen peas around for ice packs. Your junk will thank you. Best of luck!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My husband had both sides of his groin reinforced in '01. If you are laying flat, DO NOT sit straight up. Roll to your side and lift yourself up with your arms (like a pregnant woman.) Don't forget to have a few bags of frozen peas around for ice packs. Your junk will thank you. Best of luck!

I gotta roll around like a pregant woman and pack my junk in frozen peas??? Holy crap. Now I'm skeered!

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a twin screen doors installed in my guts about 4 years ago; not real bad, but it'll take a solid week or more before you can lay completely flat, at least comfortably. You'll get lots of recliner time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom