hey 22lr hoarders!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the record, I amassed mine over many months, never cleaning the store out unless they just had one box, and bought a lot of it online.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You went to your ammo place, and bought a box when you went in to shop. Next time, you bought another box. Great Idea, keeping a little money flowing into the stores that support us.

Those that don't shoot a hundred rounds a year going into walmart and cleaning their shelves is disgusting. You know who you are. Folks that have kids that can't shoot really appreciate your actions.
You're exactly right and the fact that I've accumulated several boxes really pays off now when the demand has exceeded the supply.
I'd hate to be funding or even finding ammo now but I'd hate to tell the kids no.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WHEW I thought I might be a hoarder
Re: hey 22lr hoarders!!!
Originally Posted by doctorjj
For the record, I amassed mine over many months, never cleaning the store out unless they just had one box, and bought a lot of it online.
As it should be.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I used to do that, two boxes 223 a week (when I was grocery shopping), box of 22-500pk once a month... Did that until I realized I was paying $350/1k... Of course that's back when bulk from Natchez was $275/1k, and they'd still let you pick it up.

Just started picking up deals online, even in calibers I don't own, as long as they were deals... And I bartered a few guns off those oddball caliber cases lol. I remember thinking "Walmart wants $16 for a brick of 22?!?" and buying 10k cases for just under $100... Those were the days. Just before BO won the first election

BadBadJohn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm doing ok. Have a couple .50 cal ammo cans full of the Federal 550 rd bulk packs. I always buy at least one 550 pack a month. Sometimes 2, depending on how much gets shot up in the previous month.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made a rule. If my wife sends me to Walmart, I buy some ammo. She knows this. If I have to go there, I figure I deserves something. I hate that place.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, I still have my .22 stash from the last panic in '08-'09... I caught an Academy with some in stock, and cleaned them out! I will make it available to any kids who want to come to an Appleseed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom