Hey Dude where’s your chickens at?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boss had asked if I would take him on a duck hunt.
Show up at his house, Saturday morning and it is COLD,clear, calm day. He comes out wearing a Russian fur cap to keep his bald head warm.
Not long after daylight, sitting in the duck blind, a huge owl snatches his hat and claws his head. He screamed gives the owl a couple 3" 12ga lead #2 loads.
His hat got dropped in the water. We retrieve it and head to town. He is bleeding like a stuck hog, but it turned out not serious.

Sorry dude...:rollingla ... I don't mean to laugh, but damn! :spitlaugh

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you got a good way to keep them away, besides traps?
I have an electric net fence around the chicken run but the coop area has chicken wire even on the top but a small tree has grown Up and thru the roof fence making a hole. They were climbing the tree and coming down thru the hole. I have a live trap now that I set every night inside that area while the chickens are locked inside. I also have a blink camera on that area. As soon as I catch that one left that I’ve seen on camera that knows about the hole I’ll fix the hole. Oh. It’s only a live trap until morning when I can introduce them to Jesus. ( not my wife’s cat)

Zachrankin

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an electric net fence around the chicken run but the coop area has chicken wire even on the top but a small tree has grown Up and thru the roof fence making a hole. They were climbing the tree and coming down thru the hole. I have a live trap now that I set every night inside that area while the chickens are locked inside. I also have a blink camera on that area. As soon as I catch that one left that I’ve seen on camera that knows about the hole I’ll fix the hole. Oh. It’s only a live trap until morning when I can introduce them to Jesus. ( not my wife’s cat)
What is your thoughts on the electric net fences? Worth the investment?

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is your thoughts on the electric net fences? Worth the investment?
I LOVE mine. I have 4. The chicken ones are charged with the same 110v charger that does my standard wire goat pasture perimeter fence. The net fences I have can be moved or taken down in a matter of minutes. I alternate the chicken one to flip to a new area once they eat the vegetation down. I have a shorter one (30”) that circumvents my garden charged with a portable solar charger. I can just step over that one to go into the garden. Keeps the squirrels and rabbits out. The best place I’ve found to get them is premier1supply.com

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey! I likes chickens too, bruh!

View attachment 459138
I am STILL pissed at Grumpy. I had a possum that would walk the fence every evening. Young fella, didn't bother anything, it fell off the fence a couple times and Dawg would father him up and bring him to me and I'd check him over and then leave him on top of the wood pile so he could get back on the fence without too much trouble.

One night when I wasn't feeling too good I asked Grumpy to go lock the shed up for me -- the chickens have moved into there and I didn't want the possum to be tempted. Heard some noise in the garage but didn't think anything of it. Next thing I know that damned Grumpy is coming through the house with a dead possum. 🤨 WTF?? Was he eating a chicken?? No. He had his head buried in a bag of chicken feed. 🤨🤨🤨 WTF did you shoot him for?? Cuz I can ... 🤬🤬🤬 Jerk ... (Not the possum ...)

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine got in his tripod stand early one morning. He thumbed around on his phone passing time till morning light began illumination. He was stunned when something hit the back of his head almost knocking him from the stand. It was an owl. No injuries luckily.

Then there is the Kathleen Peterson story.
The owl? The staircase? The husband?

Latest posts

Top Bottom