Hey S.E. Oklahoma..OSA folks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a few questions for the S.E.Oklahoma folks.

A year..maybe two years ago a mystery happened in your part of Oklahoma.

There was a family..dad..mom...children or child...left there home in your area,
and they have never been found. The pickup was found..I think..Wister area.
Checkbook or money was found in the truck..I think keys...just not the family.

If I remember correctly, the investigators went to the home and looked on their
home security video. Video showed the family getting into the truck,but not
packed up to travel.

Just wondered what happened,what they think happened,or where they went?

We have a similar mystery in the (I think Chickasha area)S.W. part of the.state.
Woman minister was in her church..when not in service..maybe Saturday.
She was murdered, body parts were bleached to remove evidence,no suspects?

Just some free time to think and wondering.

Cohiba

Last edited:

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jamison family - missing since October of 2009. Dad, mom and 6 year old daughter.

Very, very strange case. I have not heard any updates on it in a long time. The Discovery Channel ran one of their "Disapeared" shows on it a while back.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This made me think of a story I read several years ago, about what was found when the heirs of a well-known photographer, Emery Kolb who died in 1976, went through his belongings in the garage: the bones of a man, with a hole in the skull. Here's the story:

By LARRY HENDRICKS

Assistant City Editor

The skeletal remains of a man found in the garage of Grand Canyon photographer Emery Kolb in 1977 rest in a box at the Coconino County Medical Examiner's Office.

In the skull is a hole made by a .32-caliber bullet.

Initially, suspicion arose that the bones were those of Glen Hyde, who disappeared without a trace with his wife Bessie at the Canyon in 1928 during a honeymoon trip. Kolb was the last person to see the couple alive.

A forensic examination later determined the bones were that of a man much younger and of different stature than Hyde.

So who was the man found in Kolb's garage?

The cold-case squad at the Coconino County Sheriff's Office believes it has a partial answer to the mystery.

"Nobody knew who it was," said Joe Sumner, a retired National Park Service ranger who volunteers on the squad.

Kolb's grandson had been going through the garage and found the skeleton inside a boat. Included with the skeleton were remnants of clothing, a shoe and part of a belt, Sumner said. The shoe, clothes and belt were placed into evidence at the sheriff's office. The bones were sent to the medical examiner. After the suspicion of the Hyde angle was disproved, interest in the bones faded.

But the question remained. Why did Emery Kolb have a human skeleton in his garage?

Sumner knew that Kolb sat on coroner's juries for death inquests at the Grand Canyon. Coroner's juries help the justice of the peace - who served as coroners early in the state's history - determine cause and manner of death in unattended deaths.

Sumner started combing through old ranger reports. Nothing. He scoured the study collection at the Canyon, searching through old photos and reports stored there. Nothing.

Then, about a year ago, the son of Gus Williamson, a ranger who had worked at the Canyon in the 1930s, sent in photos of a skeleton that had been found in 1933 at Shoshone Point.

According to the June 9, 1933 issue of the Coconino Sun, a botanist found the partially clothed skeleton using binoculars. The skeleton was about 600 below the rim. When rangers got to the bones, they found a .32-caliber weapon near the bones and a hole in the skull.

Estimates were than the body had been there for about two years prior to the discovery, according to the Coconino Sun report. There were no identifying marks and no identification in the pocketbook. The sheriff and county attorney determined the death a suicide and no inquest was necessary.

Rangers noted cheap khaki trousers, sandals and a white cotton shirt.

When Sumner got a look at the photos, he paid close attention to the footwear.

"And it was a match," he said.

The original forensic examination of the bones found in Kolb's garage was made by professionals at the University of Arizona. At the time, it was decided that the weathering to the bones ruled out a death prior to 1972.

Chuck Jones, a retired FBI agent who also works on the squad, said that the original forensic examination failed to take into account one important possibility.

"Who knew he (Kolb) would keep bones in his garage for 50 years," Jones said.

The bones were not exposed to the elements and therefore were preserved to the point that led to the conclusion the bones were not as old as they were.

Jones added that another look at the bones by a forensic anthropologist has confirmed the bones could be that of the 1933 skeleton.

Buttressing the case is a U.S. Department of the Interior report from Feb. 2, 1977, stating that Kolb's grandson Emery Lehnert found the bones in a boat in the rafters in the garage.

"Lehnert stated that he remembered seeing the bones when he was a very small boy," the report stated. "The time element was between 1931 and 1937."

As to the identity of the skeleton, that is still a mystery, Sumner said. And so is why the young man chose to take his life. But at least the squad knows where the skeleton came from and what time it was found.

Read more: http://azdailysun.com/news/article_c427901d-a310-5185-8fac-e6b957283781.html#ixzz1UePI8zfz

At the time I heard the story, the skeleton's origins were still a mystery, so its identification is news to me. I thought it was an interesting, if bizarre, story...

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jamison's. Still see the relatives, etc. around the area here in Eufaula---particularly at public events--showing pictures, posters, etc. No sign or word at all from this family Apparently not many clues ever emerged. Sad situation.... Something happened out there in the hills. Supposedly they were looking at property to buy, and ran into something bad.

okiemaggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a friend who was lured into a cult back in the 70's. When she left with them, they insisted she leave everything behind. I've often wondered if something like that happened to the Jamison family.

Latest posts

Top Bottom