Oddities found while hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleLoggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now that’s what I’m talking about @LittleLoggie I’ve come across old cars, trucks and heavy equipment in places where there seems to be no possible way it could have gotten there. Found one on the side of a mountain in the middle of a pine forest of the Cascade Mountains. My guess is at one time there was some sort of road decades prior that the flora managed to reclaim.

I know of a car/ maybe just car frame flipped upside down in a creek crossing we use. I’ve never taken a pic of it tho.

That old car pic is about a mile from the nearest dirt road.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At Eufaula I seen a hole 3X that diameter that a guy and his wife dug for a well.
Hand dug with hand tools. Flagstone soil for the most part.
Had it about 12-15 feet deep and was hitting some ground water.
Living in a small cabin 8x12 storage shed with No power or water ran to it.
Super happy couple with 1 kid.

OFF GRID.
I know where there are several of those hand dug wells. We found them out hunting. One, a dog fell into that we had to recover. The others were obvious as they had big flat rocks to cover them.
Always wondered who dug them and their story.

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A tie of two unusual finds for me. A walking bridge of a dozen or so vintage cars side by side in South Dakota to walk across a wide creek and in Oklahoma 3 horses followed me 2 miles through the dark night time woods back to the hunting cabin. Told the cowboy running the cattle his horses found me not the other way around. He was happy to have them back.

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find a lot of oooold stone foundations/houses that are little more than the footing. Found a few root cellars.

One of my favorite finds in a 30-40 acre area that is covered in quartz/crystal outcroppings or some sort of crystals. Absolutely amazing to see in person; blinding to see when the sun is rising/setting.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My youngest and I found this about 5-6 years ago, still not sure what it is? Guessing some kind of cover for a pipe maybe? Miles from any town, several hundred yards from any old homeplace.
20231120_225301.jpg
20231120_225345.jpg

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a boy when I used to hunt, have found old cars, abandoned road graters, dozers, an old wheat truck, pair of dentures, old traps down by the creek, beer bottles and cans, whiskey bottles, couple of old knives, quite a bit of abandoned oil field pipe. One time, came up and over a hill, and found two people, buck naked, fornicating. Scared the bezeebzus out of me. They didn't take to kindly to me interrupting, either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom