Oddities found while hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve autographed more than one aspen tree in our travels.
Personally have never found anything weird in the woods while hunting, but a buddy found a Winchester lever gun that a tree had grown around over the years at the current Osage Western Wall WMA north of Pawhuska. He cut out the section and made it into a coffee table. He’s passed away now and have no idea where that went.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forgotten_Winchester
apparently, it happens; wonder how many more are out there.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have hunted public land 3 times and every time I find a knife, last knife I found about 4 feet away I found a leather pouch with 10 30-06 rounds in it. when I was a kid I was on the back of our place over on some lease land and found plane wreckage it was cool grandpa said it was from the late 50's and all the people onboard survived.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have hunted public land 3 times and every time I find a knife, last knife I found about 4 feet away I found a leather pouch with 10 30-06 rounds in it. when I was a kid I was on the back of our place over on some lease land and found plane wreckage it was cool grandpa said it was from the late 50's and all the people onboard survived.
E38BCCDB-DEFC-489E-BBB9-E987CE355F43.gif

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found one of the big heavy duty wheel chocks that some national guard guy left in gruber. Found Ruger branded flashlight. Found a really nice made in the USA blaze orange and fur balaclava thinking. It was was very close to a pile a toilet paper. So somebody lost it gather up after dropping off the coffee. It is super warm.

I found a truck door hinge the other day on my own land. That is at least a half mile from any road and on property that has not been developed since statehood. I assume somebody dropped it off a four wheeler or something at one point

Attachments

• 11FD7933-50D8-494B-B620-459A2925A938.jpeg
    11FD7933-50D8-494B-B620-459A2925A938.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom