Hey Tort Reform Advocates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey JB,

I think you missed that he employed a little sarcasm. He wasn't actually advocating socializing lawyers but he was pointing out that personal injury attorneys surely have a huge financial interest that makes there opinions suspect, to say the least, and so would you feel as strongly opposed to reform if you lost your financial motive?

I'd be a liar if I said I don't have a financial interest, but it's not as great as you think. Over 50% of my practice is Federal and a lot of it is out of state. What boggles my mind is that so many people here who are "blue collar" guys, whose jobs require some sort of physical labor, are so in favor of limiting their own rights if they are hurt on the job, in a wreck or by a corporation. Guys who favor "loser pays" whose only access to justice might be a contingency fee lawyer. If something bad happens to one of these folks, their lives are destroyed.

The lack of common sense self interest is just disgusting.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be a liar if I said I don't have a financial interest, but it's not as great as you think. Over 50% of my practice is Federal and a lot of it is out of state. What boggles my mind is that so many people here who are "blue collar" guys, whose jobs require some sort of physical labor, are so in favor of limiting their own rights if they are hurt on the job, in a wreck or by a corporation. Guys who favor "loser pays" whose only access to justice might be a contingency fee lawyer. If something bad happens to one of these folks, their lives are destroyed.

The lack of common sense self interest is just disgusting.

This.

Michael Brown

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy shnikies brown agreed with jb...

This should not be suprising.

I agree with JB on the vast majority of issues as, despite his rock and roll millionaire lifestyle, he's more for the blue collar working man than any "conservative" I know.

Today's "conservative" is just as big a throat-cutter of the middle class as the tax and spend liberal.

Unfortunately they have middle class republicans boondoggled into believing that they are on their side because they'll vote for constitutional amendments against gay marriage and tell anyone who'll listen that they're against more gun control and then make whatever deal they want o the side.

Michael Brown

Latest posts

Top Bottom