Hi-Power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randall

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You may be able to do the trigger yourself.It can be lightened by changing springs or polishing up the trigger assembly and or removing the magazine block.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just installed a wide trigger in my Hi Power, saves removing the pin for the mag safety and if someone ever wants to put it back stock all that needs to be done is to reinstall the original trigger. Didn't mess with the sear or hammer and my ex-Army shooting team buddy says the trigger is great.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=578921

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My Belgium beauty was tuned by the late great Austin Behlert back in the early 80's and has a trigger that is as crisp as any 1911. Has a BoMar sight, extended safety, been ramped and throated to feed anything, has a reshaped trigger (hard to tell by the picture) and had the mag safety removed. I have Pachmayr's grips without the back strap piece attached which facilitates the fit to my hand perfectly.

Attachments

• Browning HiPower 001.JPG
    Browning HiPower 001.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 140

1911GI

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to have a Hi Power, didn't like the trigger. I remember that when the trigger was pulled the magazine safety that was against the magazine would move up and down a little, messing up the trigger feel.
I removed the safety and replaced the trigger spring with aftermarket spring. I don't remember details, except that it was a simple job. It made a big difference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom