High Standard problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hello and thanks for looking. I have a High Standard Citation II that I absolutely love, but more and more it feeds a round from the magazine into the top edge of the chamber and jams. Cleaning and lubrication have no effect, and it does it with all three of the mags I have. I have tried a dozen different types of ammunition from different manufacturers. Some were worse than others but all had problems. It used to do it only once every couple of magazines but now it's almost every third shot. Has anyone else had this problem with a High Standard and were you able to fix it? Selling the gun is not an option and I'm just stubborn enough to find a cure or die trying, although I would much rather seek help from someone experienced with this issue. Any suggestions?

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The recoil spring is original. (30+ years) When I got the gun it was still un-fired and I have put about 1000 - 1500 rounds through it. It does not seem to have weakened any since I got it.

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought of that but it's not likely, all were "new" when I got the gun and all have the same results. And to top it off all work fine in my buddy's gun.

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you tried cleaning ng and polishing the feed ramp? I know that with my high point(different breed I know) the feed ramp started to get dinged up and once I polished it the problems stopped. Worth a shot :shrug:

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No feed ramp on HS. Have you cleaned the magazines and measured the feed lip dimensions?

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/53696-high-standard-hamden-ct-feeding-jams-page-2.html

HiredHand, thanks for the link! The picture in that thread may as well have been my gun. The mags are spotless but I guarantee that by the end of the night the mag lips will meet specs. I should have listened to you the first time instead of assuming that if they worked in another gun they would work in mine. I'm old enough to know better than that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom