Hk Pistols for CCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't really see the point in the SK unless you are going to pocket carry it. And that might be a stretch. I can pocket my Shield but it takes the right pants and it's just not optimal. I'd just go ahead and get the P30. I AIWB mine and the next one will be a P30L in the same holster.

Edit: I thought you were liking your Walther. :scratch:

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sheesh. Because I am just interested in currently produced models and like the man said it’s my poll and my rule. Of course many of us would like a P7, but let’s stick to the choices given here please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry I hurt your feelings by asking a question.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry I hurt your feelings by asking a question.

Oh no, it's fine; you didn't hurry my feelings at all. It's just that I am curious about the currently produced models only. And I'm sorry I can't seem to get that through to you without getting an unnecessary jab back from you. I know the P7 is a fine pistol, perhaps the best ever made, for its intended purpose. But it's not being made anymore. I'm just curious abut the SK models. If you have any input to contribute about the SK models, by all means, please do so.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't really see the point in the SK unless you are going to pocket carry it. And that might be a stretch. I can pocket my Shield but it takes the right pants and it's just not optimal. I'd just go ahead and get the P30. I AIWB mine and the next one will be a P30L in the same holster.

Edit: I thought you were liking your Walther. :scratch:

I LOVE my Walther PPS M2; its a very, very nice pistol. But pistols aren't like wives; it's okay to have more than one. A member here is an Hk guy; a member who's opinions I value, and having shot his, I have developed an interest in the SK models is all. I might then look at the others too. This is all just supposed to be fun...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I LOVE my Walther PPS M2; its a very, very nice pistol. But pistols aren't like wives; it's okay to have more than one. A member here is an Hk guy; a member who's opinions I value, and having shot his, I have developed an interest in the SK models is all. I might then look at the others too. This is all just supposed to be fun...
I was worried you were lost in the wilderness looking for that perfect gun. Those all have 6 shot cylinders. Ha!

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was worried you were lost in the wilderness looking for that perfect gun. Those all have 6 shot cylinders. Ha!

Nah, I have wondered the wilderness for far too long. I no longer seek the "perfect gun" ... instead, I now seek only range time and quiet time cleaning after, gently rubbing oil on metal parts with a soft cloth or Q-Tip.

Edited: I removed a comment I mistakenly copied and placed in my lighthearted response back to you, sorry.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have carried a p30sk since they were introduced and love it. Not hard to conceal, fits my hand great, very controllable, and takes full size p30 mags. I have the V1 LEM trigger which takes a bit of getting used to because it is long before a nice clean break. But it is the same pull every time and gives me a hammer to thumb when holstering. Also the p30sk and vp9sk have the larger paddle mag releases that the p2000 and USP don't.
Keep in mind that the P2000/P2000sk, as well as the USP series, can be upgraded to the larger paddle mag release (first used on the HK 45c, then later on the P30/VP9) for about $20.00 in parts and 3-5 minutes of labor. Most HK guys agree, it is the best upgrade for the least amount of money and the least amount of labor one can make to an HK pistol. All of my P2000/P2000sk pistols are equipped with the upgraded mag release, and all have the "light" LEM trigger spring kit installed. The P30sk is available with the "light" LEM trigger right out of the box, and it would be my pick were I to go shopping for a current production HK carry pistol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom