Hodgdon Titegroup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let me ask this, I’m obviously new to reloading. This is just one of the most common I’ve seen in load datas. Is there other overall powders for 45 acp?

Win 231 or HP 38 is the same powder. Sears has a bunch of it. I use Titegroup and VV N238 mostly, but have used 231/HP38.

I agree with the others 231 is a good one to start with.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve checked Cabela’s, Academy, H&H, Gene Sears, and a few online places... Does anyone have a go to place that has Titegroup on the shelf? I just need 1 lb, lol.

Several months ago, I spoke to the Hunting Section manager at my local Cabelas store (in Edmond) and found out that each week's truckload of ammunition and supplies arrives early each Wednesday morning - at that location, at least. In fact, I went there yesterday - Wednesday - in the late morning, and the shelves had been stocked with bullets and primers (I bought 900 small pistol primers), but the bottles of powder were not due to be placed on the shelves until later in the afternoon. If you time your visit to early-to-mid afternoon on Wednesdays, you should be able to find some acceptable powder...

Latest posts

Top Bottom