Hog hunting near Stillwater

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually I was at all the local Perkins livestock shows for several years..My grand daughter (Myranda E. )would be showing her goats and I would run into your Dad..

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Brian, I'm thinking you would know who I was talking about taking the hogs along the river a few years ago..I've worked at Sooner for 32 years..I've known your Dad for a lot of those years...Kind of watch all yawl grow up over the years..It's been great.......Viking.......

Haha, thats funny.. I'm drawing a blank on who you are.. I'll PM you..

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea Dennis that would be Carney. There are hogs north of Carney which would be the Cimmaron River area. I know we have guys on the job that was taking hogs along the river several years ago.There has also been hogs taken this past year about 3 or 4 miles North of Stillwater along Long Branch Creek.

That spot is actually north of Carney. Corner of 105 and 177 due west of Tryon. Local name is 4 Corners. Located about halfway between Carney and the Cimarron River. Have traded at that tractor salvage several times.

Hear there are a few over south of Perry.....west of Lake McMurtry.....but that is hearsay. Like the other guys I have heard there are some along the Cimarron. Be very careful scouting along the south side of the river. Bad actors down there. Northside not as bad. Buddy of mine has some recreational land on the northside and is very careful when he goes out.

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I killed this one tonight. The two big ones got away, the good news is that they ran towards stillwater.
ai124.photobucket.com_albums_p19_twocanchoo35_2011_04_30203109.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom