• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy Hog Trap Needed ASAP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Got a hog problem and and need a trap as they are mostly nocturnal on our place.
@hunter966 may be able to help. What county?
Check with the USDA office about trapping.
The small traps you find at Atwoods etc. work for a few times...then remaining pigs get wise. A corral trap that catches the entire sounder at once is optimum.
Pardon the pic quality. We were getting freezing rain and it had a coating on the cam.
Hog Trap_0_playback_1700969699050.jpg

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
depends on how much $$ you want to put in it. My neighbor has the Hogeye camera system but it is pretty pricey. I didn't want to put that much into it so at first I used 4-16' cattle panels to build a circular type figure "6" trap but got no takers. i modified it with a guillotine type door that I think will work better.

Here is they type door I have attached now.. It is locked open right now to get them accustomed to coming into the trap.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Thanks for all the input. Probably going to make the coral trap that @Oklahomabassin recommended. Seems very simple to make and very effective.

What do you put in them for bait?
Whole Corn or Corn Chops primarily. I have soured corn before. I have been given grain bin cleanouts that were moldy. Really any grain will pull em in. I have a 7 foot wide gate that I can control by phone.
The figure 6 is really hit n miss and can result in trap smart pigs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom