holster for LCR 357

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking to get a OWB for my Ruger LCR 357. I would think that a holster for the 38 would not fit my 357 (thinking that the cylinder would be different). Does anyone know if i am correct? The web site shows the same dims but does not give anything on the cylinder (unless I missed it). Does anyone have any recommendations on a leather OWB holster for my gun?

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use a DeSantis thumb break model 001 on my .38 LCR and like it a lot. They do not distinguish between .357 or .38 in their catalog. Midway shows no distinction either. They have them for $47.99. I got mine off of EBay with two speed strips and shipped free for $35 or so....shipped free.

Also have a crossdraw (great for seated carry) from a custom place in Las Vegas called Clament Custom Leather. Open top but trigger covered. Leather is form-fit so well I can shake it pretty hard and the gun never even offers to fall out. Another EBay purchase. Forgot the price but it was custom cut for a 1 3/4". Belt. Right now on ebay they have an open top strong side (right) model available but when you order, they form it for laser/ no laser. Prolly could the same for .357. They were great to deal with when I bought the cross draw.

I also use a Harwell IWB kydex/leather hybrid that is very comfortable. Called a protuck. They don't differentiate between .357 and .38...only if it has a laser or not. www.harwellholsters.com Made here in Stillsville but I have NO connection with them...this is not an advert.

Last edited:

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a used Ruger LCR .38; it came with the Ruger holster -- according to shopruger.com website, the .22 .38 and .357 fit in this holster; kinda pricey -- here is the link: http://shopruger.com/Bianchi-Piranha-Holster-for-Ruger-LCR-Revolvers-55014/productinfo/55014/.

Seems to fit my LCR .38 & .22. My .38 has the Big Dot front sight , the .22 has the standard front sight.

I only used the holster once, plinking at the range, have not used the holster in a concealed carry mode.

Latest posts

Top Bottom