Home Defense issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ive ben thinking alot about home security as well best thing it seems is get everyone in the house involved and able to handle firearms safely. definately gotta work on my wife as she's sqeemish with a gun thats in a case unloaded in the same room.

lockoutmonkey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two locked doors only protect you if they are re-inforced properly. I am a locksmith and know firsthand that those 5/8 screws won't stop a 2 year old from pushing the door in.
Professionally we use 3 inch brass screws in the deadbolt strike and in the hinges. I have personally prevented 2 home invasions by doing this on all three of my entry doors. Brass since they bend before breaking, drywall screws snap under a load as do steel screws. You only have to replace two screws per hinge to be effective.
Do you know how many keys exist to your place? I do. The only way you will know is to have a patent restricted key system to prevent you mechanic, maid, plumber or other repair service, valet at country club from making a duplicate key. Keys are so easy to make it would scare you.
Insurance and police can only do something about it if it is a forced entry to rob you. If no signs exist, most of the time a key has been used.
Hope this helps. Ask if you have any more questions.

308shooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
OH and
I forgot anything can be used as a weapon just not a gun. A tv remote car keys (stab someone) get creative it's kinda fun to see what all you can turn into something deadly if the need arises. Pm me if you need any help with anything.

308shooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
OH and
I forgot anything can be used as a weapon just not a gun. A tv remote car keys (stab someone) get creative it's kinda fun to see what all you can turn into something deadly if the need arises. Pm me if you need any help with anything.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OH and

OH and

OH and

When you say you forgot, you must mean that quite literally.:D;)

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quote:

OH and
Sbr .223
Glock 30
Auto ord 1911
Remi 1100 12g semiauto
Remi 870 12g carbon fiber finish
Mossberg 500 pistol grip 12g
H and K usp .45 full size

Unquote

So, when someone breaks into your home they need to have this list of weapons so they don't miss one?

I should add for the OP that it is not a good idea to mention that you work at night on an open forum that anyone can view.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quote:

[/B]

I should add for the OP that it is not a good idea to mention that you work at night on an open forum that anyone can view.[/SIZE][/FONT]

I actually thought about that. But I don't think anyone knows where I live except the guy who did my CC class. He's a LEO, so I'm not worried.

But you are right. Not very smart in general. I don't work every night either. The idea of a pocket gun is growing on me.

B

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually thought about that. But I don't think anyone knows where I live except the guy who did my CC class. He's a LEO, so I'm not worried.

But you are right. Not very smart in general. I don't work every night either. The idea of a pocket gun is growing on me.

B

Gathering from your posts, if I were targeting you, this is what I'd find.

Work nights near OCJail

two hondas
two college profs
recently moved here (last couple of years)

nebraska alum
17y.o. Daughter
use turnpike on commute

Also, shopping patterns show up.

<!-- I wish the CBS stream for Numb3rs would work right -->

eta: btw, you can get this on everyone here if you really want to wade through previous posts. I'm not a stalker, I swear. Hope to see ya at the cookout!

Latest posts

Top Bottom