Home Defense Shotgun...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first shotgun was a 20ga 870 and I loved it. Shot many doves and 1000's of rounds with no troubles. Last year I got a 870 tactical model. It jammed like crazy and I sent it to Remington many times with no luck. So I sold it and upgraded to a police model 870 hoping I would have better luck but that wasn't the case. After a little research and talk with gunsmiths I learned Remington out sourced their barrel manufacturing over seas recently and that is likely causing the QC issue. I have since sold all my 870's and switched to a 590a1 and haven't looked back. It feeds everything I put in it and I would trust my life to it. Only way I would ever go back is if I could get my hands on a older model because I know they can work good but haven't had luck with new ones.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a maverick 88 and I love it. It has never let me down. It is very light and pretty smooth. And the safety is by the trigger. I have shot a couple different benneli's and I didn't think they were that much better than my 88. They were also much heavier. Of course one wasn't an 18.5 inch barrel either. I put an ati stock and pistol grip on it. I can remove the stock and just have a pistol grip. I also added a tru glo front sight to it. Suits my needs just fine and it only cost a little over $200.

Latest posts

Top Bottom