Home HOA issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People move into additions with HOAs to prevent people from doing stuff that deflates their perceived property values and then complain about HOAs over-reach. No HOAs should be on the top of your list when house shopping if you don't like dealing with igits.
I didn’t even know this place had one until closing. It is $15 a month and I live in the country. It’s not easy finding a home for sale where I live. It’s a very desired place and not many sale out here. So when I found a place that was everything I wanted about three blocks down where I grew up I bought it. If it weren’t for the HOA president this place would be so much better. He thinks he owns the whole addition. He is gonna find out real quick im not like the rest of the neighbors that just take whatever he says or does. I ain’t like that. He thinks I will just do nothing on this Vyve deal. He is wrong.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Easement rights are either granted by the city or the county. In unincorporated areas the county has control of the easements. I've never seen an area that has HOA controlled easements (not to say that it can't happen, just that I doubt it). Look at your deed, it should list any easements on your property and who has those easements. But yes, call the Vyve sup and talk to him.
Individuals can grant utility easements also on their own property if they wish to.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
17 but there are some that I know don’t pay.

Sooooo 17 people that MIGHT pay $15. Is this correct? That's all the revenue they get? If so, there's no D&O/Liability insurance because they likely can't pay the premium which means they will have to respond personally any lawsuit that would come out of their decisions. Going off the deep end here, but just relaying that that alone should scare him.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone mentioned that anyone can sue an HOA and another that funds are limited.. A woman had been drinking in my neighborhood and as she started to leave, she ran into the motorized gate half open. She got a lawyer to write a letter demanding payment for damages to her vehicle and the HOA paid her what she wanted and said it's cheaper than going through a lawsuit.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Individuals can grant utility easements also on their own property if they wish to.

Yes, but that is different from county/city owned easement lanes and the ability to do so my be hindered by an HOA. However an HOA can not deny access to a utility who has paid for the easement access.

Latest posts

Top Bottom