Homeowner's Insurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetscout

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who does everyone use? My house is only about 1100 sf and I just feel like I'm paying a lot. I'm with State Farm now and am thinking there has to be a better option. We are up for renewal next month and I'd like to save a little coin if possible. Maybe then I could reward myself and get some new toys.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We use MetHome (Metropolitan Home - same company as MetLife and MetAuto) and have had good treatment from them when we had massive hail damage to the house. Quick payout and they've only raised our rates once, due to replacement cost increase which is understandable. And it wasn't much, like $4.oo a month anyway. We have a 1100 sf home too and its around $1100 a year if I remember right.

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had State Farm for years. They may be a little more expensive, but any time I've had a claim, they've, paid off like clockwork. Absolutely no comlaints at all!
'

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had state farm for 2yrs now and its right at $1100 for my 1075sf house. It was about $200 cheaper before I filed a claim for a new roof and AC unit. They paid out almost $14k for the damages. Yeah it might be a bit high, but my agent is great and always helpful. I thought about shopping around, but I've heard that if you have filed a large claim in the past 3yrs no company will take you on. IDK if its true or not, just heard from 2 people.

STWshooter87

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had State Farm for years. They may be a little more expensive, but any time I've had a claim, they've, paid off like clockwork. Absolutely no comlaints at all!
'

I've had multiple claims through the years and State Farm is who I will stay with. Lowest bid is not always the best.

+1 on both these. Hail damage to roof. Needed replaced based on their inspector who also gave me the check for 90% that day. Roofer went a bit over that and they sent me another check for the difference. I'm not switching. Good luck.

Electrician Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard that if you have filed a large claim in the past 3yrs no company will take you on. IDK if its true or not, just heard from 2 people.

This^^^
I had a large claim a year and a half ago. Farmers dropped me like a wet towel. Since my claim involved 2 different insurance comapnies, and was processed as 3 seperate claims by one company , I had one hell of a time getting new insurance. Finally wound up going thru Republic. Hopefully I will not have to make a claim and find out how well they pay out, but they are a little cheaper than Farmers was before for close to the same coverage I had before.

Latest posts

Top Bottom