Homosexual bill passed by OKC Council

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the thread has got to this point, do I need to lock it up as its lost its focus?

It might end up that way. It seems that people can't have a discussion on this issue without childish name calling and unnecessary personal attacks.

Sorry, gay and transsexual isn't a mental disorder. The most likely person I can observe needing treatment is you.

I disagree. To say transexuality is not a mental disorder is to underestimate the suffering and body dysmorphia many transexuals are going through. If feeling that your gender is different from your sex at birth is not a mental disorder, then what is it? In fact, it is registered officially as a mental illness called 'Gender dysphoria' (http://apps.who.int/classifications/icd10/browse/2015/en#/F64.9 http://apps.who.int/classifications/icd10/browse/2015/en#/F64.8 )

Homosexuality is similar, and it encourages sexual deviance, sodomy, pedophilia and beastiality and other acts of infamy.

I thank you for your concern for my mental health, but as a result of my line of work, i've been thoroughly mentally tested and no mental or psychological defects have been discovered. More mental and psychological testing than most homosexuals or transsexuals go through.

I don't see why it's so bad to call them mental disorders/illnesses or to call for treatment. Many of them actually seek treatment of their own accord. Should they be denied such treatment because you think they don't really suffer from a mental illness? Transexuals and homosexuals have been known to commit suicide out of despair because of a lack of assistance and this whole denial of the need for their treatment as a mental illness isn't helping the situation in my opinion. We should recognize it for what it is.

I think it's horrible that people who are religiously opposed to homosexual or LGBT activities should be punished by the federal government/state for not wanting to associate with people who openly engage in such behavior. It is forcing them to tacitly support/approve of their behavior.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Transexuals and homosexuals have been known to commit suicide out of despair because of a lack of assistance and this whole denial of the need for their treatment as a mental illness isn't helping the situation in my opinion. We should recognize it for what it is.

Young adolescent heterosexual girls have also committed suicide because they are concerned with their body image, or have been bully'd on social media. Easily searched.

I'm a firm believer that if you are LGBT, homosexual, Lesbian, or what ever, you were born that way.

There is no re-training to stop that progression no more than my father wanted me to throw right handed vs left handed. I was born left handed. He tried, but finally gave up.

I agree that a person has the right to do what they want with the property they own. I abhor government intervention that says I have to do something I don't want to.

Sometimes we don't have a choice.

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nice job Tristanjay!! yukonglocker is supposed to be in the psyc biz.. college educated an such.. and you just gave him a ICD10 code... codes that have been reviewed by and acknowledged by his peers.. how can a person in the psyc biz give such an decisive diagnosis from a few post to say you are the one who needs an evaluation..? Maybe his peers and the state board needs to take another look..

Last edited:

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, gay and transsexual isn't a mental disorder. The most likely person I can observe needing treatment is you.

Actually they are mental disorders. For many years the psychiatric community listed them as such. It was only due to political pressure that they changed.

Nothing about the disorder has changed. Being homosexual is an abhorrent abnormality. They can get treatment for it if they want.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I disagree. To say transexuality is not a mental disorder is to underestimate the suffering and body dysmorphia many transexuals are going through. If feeling that your gender is different from your sex at birth is not a mental disorder, then what is it? In fact, it is registered officially as a mental illness called 'Gender dysphoria' (http://apps.who.int/classifications/icd10/browse/2015/en#/F64.9 http://apps.who.int/classifications/icd10/browse/2015/en#/F64.8 )

Homosexuality is similar, and it encourages sexual deviance, sodomy, pedophilia and beastiality and other acts of infamy.

I thank you for your concern for my mental health, but as a result of my line of work, i've been thoroughly mentally tested and no mental or psychological defects have been discovered. More mental and psychological testing than most homosexuals or transsexuals go through.

I don't see why it's so bad to call them mental disorders/illnesses or to call for treatment. Many of them actually seek treatment of their own accord. Should they be denied such treatment because you think they don't really suffer from a mental illness? Transexuals and homosexuals have been known to commit suicide out of despair because of a lack of assistance and this whole denial of the need for their treatment as a mental illness isn't helping the situation in my opinion. We should recognize it for what it is.

I think it's horrible that people who are religiously opposed to homosexual or LGBT activities should be punished by the federal government/state for not wanting to associate with people who openly engage in such behavior. It is forcing them to tacitly support/approve of their behavior.

You're doing a great job at highlighting your ignorance on the topic. Keep up the great work.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually they are mental disorders. For many years the psychiatric community listed them as such. It was only due to political pressure that they changed.

Nothing about the disorder has changed. Being homosexual is an abhorrent abnormality. They can get treatment for it if they want.
Nope, that isn't why views (in psychology/psychiatry) on the issue changed over time. Sure makes for a great story tho.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice job Tristanjay!! yukonglocker is supposed to be in the psyc biz.. college educated an such.. and you just gave him a ICD10 code... codes that have been reviewed by and acknowledged by his peers.. how can a person in the psyc biz give such an decisive diagnosis from a few post to say you are the one who needs an evaluation..? Maybe his peers and the state board needs to take another look..
It's a very emotional topic, i can imagine his response was an emotional one. Those same emotions that drive the debate on these topics and make them so divisive are the same emotions that can lead us to personal attacks.

I disagree with the opinion of many on this issue, but we're all good people here. I don't think anyone, least of all me, have any ill-will towards people who oppose my views on this issue or those who suffer or embrace the homosexual/transexual lifestyle. It's a free country, good on you. I just don't think the government should force me to do business or associate with anyone i don't want to. For any reason.
We're all here to support the second amendment, i'm happy to be a guest here on this board. We don't need to tear eachother apart just because we disagree on this one issue.

I'm a pretty young guy, but i understand the importance of being able to be respectful of other people and respect other people's opinions.

Young adolescent heterosexual girls have also committed suicide because they are concerned with their body image, or have been bully'd on social media. Easily searched.

I'm a firm believer that if you are LGBT, homosexual, Lesbian, or what ever, you were born that way.

There is no re-training to stop that progression no more than my father wanted me to throw right handed vs left handed. I was born left handed. He tried, but finally gave up.

I agree that a person has the right to do what they want with the property they own. I abhor government intervention that says I have to do something I don't want to.

Sometimes we don't have a choice.

I personally believe homosexuals, transexuals, pedophiles etc are born that way. I just don't think it's behavior that should be accepted by society. I think treatment to help treat these conditions and the mental effects of them are very important. Chemical castration can help moderate sexual deviancy in extreme cases. We just have to accept that medical science hasn't *yet* come up with a definitive cure for these deviances, but with how we are advancing in the field of genetics and our understanding of the human brain, our ability to modify or correct human behavior is increasing exponentially.

I think the main thing we can agree on is that it is wrong for the government to tell people who they have to do business/associate with. That's fundamentally wrong. Especially with those wedding cake people, religious people who believe in the sanctity of marriage, who as a business are forced to provide wedding cakes for homosexual 'marriages'. It's disgusting to force people to do things like that. Fundamentally un-american.

You're doing a great job at highlighting your ignorance on the topic. Keep up the great work.

Thanks, i'll try.

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
TRISTAN.. I was told a while back OSA is a great place..and to stay out of the General Discussion... this was sound advice I didn't take.

Like you eluded to.. disagreeing with something or someone and wishing them harm or enacting harm on someone is a different animal. I can disagree with, but try to protect them at the same time.. whoever they may be.

anywho..moving on

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TRISTAN.. I was told a while back OSA is a great place..and to stay out of the General Discussion... this was sound advice I didn't take.

Like you eluded to.. disagreeing with something or someone and wishing them harm or enacting harm on someone is a different animal. I can disagree with, but try to protect them at the same time.. whoever they may be.

anywho..moving on

I'm happy to share my posts with anyone. I'd be careful with the passive-aggressive threats though...you might bite off more than you can chew.

I think most of us here have probably made more passive-aggressive threats, personal insults, malicious name-calling and insinuations than the topic really called for.

But like i said, the constitution protects freedom of association. I understand it's wrong to discriminate or treat people like crap. But i think it's our job as humans to try to treat everyone fairly and honestly. The golden rule, and all that. But people still have a right to be A holes and people still have a right to deny service to anyone for any reason or no reason at all. We shouldn't force people into these things.

Latest posts

Top Bottom