Hooray! And now fore the rest of the story. . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so some months back I told yall I had need of some legal council, but was unable to elaborate further. Well, now that it's over, I will regale you with the tail of the worst in-laws ever.

It started back last October. My mother in law decided she needed to be taking care of our daughter (technically my step-daughter, but I don't see her that way) after school. After 3 weeks of begging and badgering from the mom-in-law, I, against my better judgement, relented and said fine. But we (my wife and I) gave them to conditions, provisions if you will. There was to be no tutoring in math from them. Several reasons for this, one being an incident I witnessed at Cracker-barrel the previous summer where my mother in law was screaming at this poor child trying to "teach" her math. Also my wife's own experience with her parents math tutoring made her scared to even open a math book even into her college years.

The second proviso was that they would not take advantage of the situation to sneak read the parent papers before we had an opportunity to. This was a problem my wife had already had with her mother from her time of living with them when she first got divorced. (It should be pointed out, she lived with them at their insistence and moved out as soon as she was able to afford her own place).

Fast forward to this last April. I am on my way home from work, and picking up our daughter from the in-laws. My mother in law begins to badger me about the child's math grades. I told her she wasn't even supposed to be involved in that and she needed to drop it. Later that evening, my in-laws inform my wife that I am banned from their property, and that she will have to pick up her daughter from their house from now on. This of course requires her to go in the opposite direction from home after leaving work, while it was semi on my way home. Not that these cold hearted twits care one iota about their own daughter, which will see more of in this story.

A few weeks go by, and when my wife won't agree with them and say that I am wrong, they finally ban my wife from their property and subsequently discontinue their afterschool care of our daughter.

Now it's June, and our daughter is about to head down to Texas for her month long summer visit with her dad. Out of the blue, my father in law says he has an extra bus ticket and will take her down with him. No apology, no recognition of wrong done, he just out of the blue wants to spend 4 hours with our child after proving to us we can't trust him or his wife. We obviously said, no.

He then threatens to sue. It was at that point we got ourselves some legal council. Luckily a friend who is an attorney took our case for us. My father in law had a fool for a client, if you take my meaning. This began the long drawn out battle where my father in law accused my wife of being "stupid and slow" (an exact quote) and of many other awful things a father should not be saying about his own child. Meanwhile the man lied more times than I could keep track of in his court filings. It was utter insanity.

Welp, today the son of a ***** got what was comming to him and the judge denied his stupid little petition. And now, thanks to the harm he has wrought in the relationship, and given his age, it's doubtful he will ever see his granddaughter again. What a bastard.

BigTulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are really some cases which I wish you could choose your family. I have some members in my family who I literally wish would go DIAF.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Must have more details. What petition? Whos the maternal grandfather? What age is the child? What county?

Glad it all worked out though. Grandparents rights are not a priority in Oklahoma but they can sometimes throw a monkey wrench in things.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good Lord, are you sure your wife and I aren't sisters?? That sounds EXACTLY like something my family would do. I'm sorry you, your wife and your daughter had to go through all this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom