Hornady .50 cal FPB muzzleloader bullets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oklajim

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the Hornady FPB's. My buddy and I are wanting to try them after having less than adequate results with Powerbelts. We loaded and fired a FPB from his CVA Accura yesterday. It was slightly difficult to ram down the clean barrel, didn't try one dirty for fear of getting it stuck. (No bullet puller with us) I have a new Remington Genisis I'll be trying them in. Any hints or advice appreciated.......

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never used them, but a tight fit is genrally a good thing with MZ bullets. Anything will feel difficult to load after the Powerbelts.

Make sure your not "ramming" them down the barrel. Use a tip on your ram rod made for pointed bullets and apply slow steady preasure. Otherwise you will trash the tip of the bullet and get less consistant groups.

lowbudgetplinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"A specially engineered profile requires a mere 25 pounds of loading force, making it one of the easiest loading muzzleloader projectiles on the market."

That is what their website stated. Sounds like someone just needs to go to the gym! Just curious, have you tried the SST's?

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i use the fpb i have never had a problem loading them they do get tough to load when you have fired about 5 times. my ML hates powerbelts i was getting about the same size group from lead ball that i got from powerbelt which was good enough to hunt with i just didnt like it. then last year before BP season i found the fpb and the groups are night and day difference.
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc142_Jon3830_DSCF0006.jpg

the big group is PB and the tight group is FPB i used 100gr hodgdon triple 7 and winchester triple 7 209 primers

lowbudgetplinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the Hornady FPB's. My buddy and I are wanting to try them after having less than adequate results with Powerbelts. We loaded and fired a FPB from his CVA Accura yesterday. It was slightly difficult to ram down the clean barrel, didn't try one dirty for fear of getting it stuck. (No bullet puller with us) I have a new Remington Genisis I'll be trying them in. Any hints or advice appreciated.......

No questions are allowed from you yet. Another 30 or so more posts then it will be thought about. NEWB!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom