.41 Magnum Hornady FTX bullets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't looked them up in a while, but I paid $900ish for my Marlin a couple years back, and was told that was a decent price then. It is smooth and a good shooter, but other than the "collectibility" factor, I bet the new Henry at $700 is a better deal
The Henry rifle looks to be what i want. Now finding one is the question. For grins and giggles, tonight I am going to size down some .430 ftx bullets and see what I come up with.....

ira41magfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel your pain, the industry neglects the 41 caliber like a red headed stepchild. I understand why but it is a struggle. I also load the 41ae and most 41 mag projectiles won't work in it

EKing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love the .41Mag

Had some FTX to deer hunt with. Couldn't get a groupbetter minute-of-deer @50 yards

The Rem 210gr JSP and HP shoot 3" @50.

Picked up some XTP, haven't shot any, yet. But, they have performed well in .44M and .45C
What powder are you using?

I loaded some Remington 210 JSP with 21 grains of H110. They felt like 41 Mag should.
In both books (Lyman and Hornady) 21 grains is middle of the road but my fired cases showed signs of high pressure with flattened primers.
New Starline cases, GM155M primers
I didn't shoot over a chronograph so I don't have that info. Interestingly, the fired cases showed soot on the outside; the cases didn't seal up the chambers fully.
Standard practice when seeing flattened primers is to back off of the powder but with H110, things can be a little tricky. I'm wondering if I should bump up the charge and that will possibly reduce the pressure to a normal curve.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I loaded L'il Gun

Definitely magnum loads, recoil and boom, but accuracy was erratic. No signs of pressure. Loaded up a ladder, looking for sweet spot, but it just never showed itself.
A 200gr SWC Powder Coat bullet loves the L'il Gun.

Loaded .44mag and .45C and found a load, at near MAX published load.

L'il Gun seems to be H110 like, it doesn't like reduced loads

Latest posts

Top Bottom