Horribble 1st Experience with Bud's Gun Shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bud's has possibly taken the cake for my worst transaction ever.

March 14th I called about this listing --> Link Here because it was vague and not reassureing yet I was fairly certain it was for the Beretta Px4 full size 9mm type G i was looking for, yet understandably I feel I had the right to want some reassurance on Buds end that I would recieve the right product.

I gave them a called and was transfered to about 4 different people and after 45 mins of conversation later the last person said the gun was a compact .40 cal Beretta... which was obviously wrong. She then told me to google the product number and if it matched then just order the gun and pretty much see if what I wanted arrived at SSP. :( I gave up with trying to get reassurance and just ordered it.

I got a cashier's check to avoid the CC fee and bc once received the order is supposed to be processed immediately bc its considered same as cash they said. Long story short every adviser said that all they need is the routing and acct # off the bottom of the check and it would go through (even for guaranteed checks). Well after submitting it 2 times, waiting an average of 4 business days processing time for each attempt, and finally speaking to a manager i was told they need the physical check to process it. I gave them my personal acct info instead of mailing the bank check and waited another 6 days for the proper payment to go through.

Finally after another four days of my order being in the shipping "phase" and 3 days of actual shipping time I received a beautiful full size Beretta Px4 9mm Type G MINUS the freaking adjustable backstraps this tuesday. Nearly a full month of waiting and I get a partial order, thanks Bud's...

If i didnt make sense its bc im fuming sorry

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eh... sorry to hear that. After all that, and the vague listing, I don't think I would have ordered it.

Just my $0.02.

Sorry you ended up in that position.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
There have been a couple of bad CS experiences on this board from Bud's. It'll make me think very strongly before I ever order anything from them.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well tRdoc you know how it goes when you want a gun badly, you take chances lol.

I read the other threads on here as well and I thought it wouldnt happen to me, having them rectify the issue is becoming a hurdle as well.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buds is receiving record orders that have beaten pretty much all of their previous sales months (and they're continuing to increase every month).

I would imagine that they're hiring as fas as they can to keep up with the demand and their systems are not designed to handle the massive amounts of ordering they've been getting.

At the end of the day, you won't get the personalized service you used to get, but they have pretty good deals on a lot of stuff. I typically tell myself that if it's within $30 or so of what I can get it for locally, I'll buy local. If it's $40-$50 cheaper, then I usually buy online.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your problem with Bud's

They seem to have some good deals on there, but I have never ordered from them.

I have only purchased one gun on the interwebular net, and it was from Kentucky Gun Co..

The deal went very smooth, and I was very happy with the service and the gun.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got my M&P Pro .40 5" from Buds gun shop about two weeks ago. As always, I google the internet for negative comments about any business I'm getting ready to deal with. I was concerned about the number of bad comments. Most were people not getting the guns they thought they ordered, and slow processing time.
Looking at their website, I could see where one could be cofused. There is a disclaimer on each page that states that the pics are not true representations of the actual gun thats listed. This was true, because the shorter barrel model, and the 5" that I got had the same pic. Got the product number, went to the S&W website, confirmed it was what I wanted, and now its mine. I did use a CC though.
Here is something they did that I thought wasn't possible. They shipped the pistol USPS ground. I thought all handguns had to go 2nd day air?

Latest posts

Top Bottom