Horribble 1st Experience with Bud's Gun Shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've bought one shotgun from Buds, it was damaged when it arrived, I sent it back. They took a little longer than I liked, I. Sent a bitchy email. They called and then shipped it overnight.
As far as price goes, my local guy is usually the same price or lower.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They shipped the pistol USPS ground. I thought all handguns had to go 2nd day air?

I actually grossly underestimated the shipping times, from the day my payment was received it took 13-14 days for SSP to get the gun. Altogether it was 28 days, March 14-April 10.

i216.photobucket.com_albums_cc234_hurst_52_buds2.png

i216.photobucket.com_albums_cc234_hurst_52_buds3.jpg

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There have been a couple of bad CS experiences on this board from Bud's. It'll make me think very strongly before I ever order anything from them.

I think a lot of time, people are mostly posting just the bad experiences, I know for years they have a stellar reputation. They are like anyone else, when slammed, things back up. Not making excuses, just not willing to throw them to the curb after a few bad ones. I agree, their descriptions suck a lot of the time, but I do like Dennis, I take the number and look it up at the manufacturers website.

Last edited:

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the price is the cheapest, it sometimes costs more in the long run than it's worth. Sorry to hear yuo got bad service. :(
This..
Sorry for your bad experience......if its really cheaper.. sometimes ..you have to PAY with YOUR time.
I usually just let the local gunshops know that im buying from them...and that I know about these cheaper deals...dont usually get a better price ..but I get what I want ..Now

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have multiple buys from bud's and have always had above average service. sorry to hear of your experience.

Likewise, I have had great service from Bud's....That said, while Bud's sometimes has better prices... I prefer Cheaper Than Dirt! Seems like their web site is easier to navigate. May be the fact that Bud's has that dull dark orangish background.. kind of hard on my eyes.

******One bit of important information for anyone who hasn't bought a weapon on-line from these Internet companies.... if you are buying a firearm... make absolutely sure to thoroughly check your order BEFORE you sign the papers for transfer from your FFL... look for dings, dents, missing articles... anything that might make you want to return it... because once you sign the papers competing the sale, you can't return the weapon. All firearms sales are final once completed.... and any repairs would then require the weapon to be sent to the manufacturer. If there is something wrong with the order, call the company and arrange for your FFL dealer to return it for replacement or refund. When I order, I always get the insurance in case the package is damaged or lost in transit. It isn't much more and well worth the money.

dvPete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a Bud's preferred FFL, I've done probably 30 transfers from them since I got my license a few months ago. Out of those, there was only one that the customer wasn't happy with. Buds was quick to exchange the gun, and made my shipping the gun back to them easy. Buds (and most dealers) are experiencing record sales right now - so Buds is likely having some issues with shipping (I have had a few customers say they waited 2-3 weeks to get an item). But overall, I don't see any red flags with them.

That being said, though, if I ever gave up my FFL and became a regular gun customer again I would probably pay up to the amount of sales tax more than Buds to get an item locally. I've learned a lot in a short time doing this FFL business - one thing being how important it is to keep your local guys in business :-)

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
******One bit of important information for anyone who hasn't bought a weapon on-line from these Internet companies.... if you are buying a firearm... make absolutely sure to thoroughly check your order BEFORE you sign the papers for transfer from your FFL... look for dings, dents, missing articles... anything that might make you want to return it... because once you sign the papers competing the sale, you can't return the weapon. All firearms sales are final once completed.... and any repairs would then require the weapon to be sent to the manufacturer. If there is something wrong with the order, call the company and arrange for your FFL dealer to return it for replacement or refund. When I order, I always get the insurance in case the package is damaged or lost in transit. It isn't much more and well worth the money.

You are spot on I called Buds and the first question she asked was "are you at the FFL?", since Buds was closed at the time I couldnt call them on the spot when i was at SSP. She said all that could be done was to call the manufacturer and it was out of Buds hands.

Customer service at Beretta is top notch. I called Beretta and they really didnt care why the backstraps were missing (in a good way) but were concerned with making me whole at no cost. Took my name and address and mailed them off today.

Last edited:

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buds have been abusing that vip crap too. I have been keeping my eye on a pistol that stays vip for 3 days then its out of stock. After a few hours they post another for vip.

Latest posts

Top Bottom