Horribble 1st Experience with Bud's Gun Shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I always pay the credit card fee. Especially if the place only takes cashiers check / money order. I'd probably spend more in Cashiers Check fee + gas driving to bank + gas going to get stamp + stamp+ all the time wasted. on a $500 gun it is only $15 and I am earning miles to my next free southwest flight!

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whenever I order through Cheaper than Dirt, I have a reloadable Bank issued Visa card that I use. I load the amount of the weapon + S&H + $5 extra to allow for any miscalculation on the Shipping. Costs me $3 to load.. which is cheaper than a Certified check and not much more than a money order. By using the pre-loaded card, I don't have to worry about being overcharged on my credit card. And my order ships out that day or the next.. with delivery in 3-4 days

Any extra $ left on the card at the end of the year, I can spend on something locally at a store. I chose a bank issued Visa over a Walmart issued Visa because the max amount the Walmart Visa could be loaded for was $300, but the bank card I have can be loaded up to $10,000. Some can only be loaded up to $500. The initial cost for setting up the card was about $10... with $3 reload fees. If I go 1 yr without using the card, then there is a service fee of something like $5 a month administration fee [if there is a balance on the card].
-----------------------------

FYI- If Bud's or some other dealer you've ordered from isn't open when you discover a problem with your order and you can't get in touch with customer service.. then just don't complete the paperwork, ask the dealer to hang onto the weapon until costomer service can be contacted, and then call the company at the first opportunity to see what can be done. The main issue is not to complete the sale... because like when a buying a brand new car... when you sign your name on the papers and the deal is complete.... its then considered a 'used' car.

Latest posts

Top Bottom