Horrible Experience with Local Gun Shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hmmmm.....

I picked up my gun from Jim Wheeler aka Sonuva Gun, LLC today and he told me that he has gotten a few transfers in since I made this thread (one OSAer even described me to him lol). Lets keep this $10 FFL in Norman in business!

Sonuva Gun, LLC
Jim Wheeler
$10 Transfers
(405)921-2813
[email protected]

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hello to all viewers,

This has been brought to our attention from a friendly patron. We are here to make a statement. To the original post. We can not make every one 100 percent happy 100 percent of the time. But we try our best. We have many loyal customers and work hard to earn more. We encourage anyone who has a problem to email, call, or come in person. We have tried our best to make sure we do a good job and many people believe we do. It is unfortunate that some disagree. To the other post, it seems more post are about SSP than AAT. Some people on here know us and know how we operate and know we do our best to make everyone feel comfortable in here. To those who had mention the former service men here. We do appreciate what they do around here and they do a great job. Just for information we believe the guys they refer to are listed as followed, Former Army Special Forces decorated, Former Army Ranger Decorated, Former Marine Corp shooting team decorated. Not to mention everyone behind the counter is also trained as an R S O, we have been told by other NRA certified Instructors and Law Enforcement on how professional we run our safety procedures. We have had hundred if not thousands of shooters from around the country and world that think we have done a great job. Prices of our products will not always reflect other competitors prices. But on a lot of our products we are competitive. We will continue to work hard and do what it takes to operate in a safe and professional manner. It is hard to believe this is the first bad thing brought to our attention since we opened in over a year ago. We also encourage people to come in and visit with other customers who enjoy the free satellite tv and coffee we offer to all people who come by. We would like to invite anyone who reads this to come by and try us for your self and then make a decision.

the free coffee and tv maybe part of the problem.......the day i came in no one could be bothered away from thier socializing long enough to help a paying customer. you only get one chance to make a first impression and i wont be back

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never had an issue with Sooner State Pawn regardless of how busy they are. 9/10 times one of the two girls that work the counter will get to you as soon as possible. I think the only two people I have ever encountered there that had an attitude of any kind were the owner and one of the managers but I chalked it up to a busy day and dealing with pissy people. I drive past 3-4 other shops just to deal with them due to their prices not changing (MUCH) during the Obama scares and the service behind the counter.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys, the owner had the stones to come on and make a post in the face of withering criticism. Hopefully, he will take whatever is constructive and address the issues many of you seem to have with their shop. Up to you guys whether or not you give them another shot.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was tempted to write an equally "genuine" post in return for replying to my thread but forget it, the ATT post is BS and im glad people can see right through it. The same young guy who spoke to me is probably the one who posted that junk. If they really gave a hoot he would have actually acknowledged my poor experience directly and/or even send a pm.

SSP runs circles around these guys in terms of volume and their CS is still top notch. AAT can go kick rocks.

(Sorry for the negativity OSA but this experience grinds my gears)

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was tempted to write an equally "genuine" post in return for replying to my thread but forget it, the ATT post is BS and im glad people can see right through it. The same young guy who spoke to me is probably the one who posted that junk. If they really gave a hoot he would have actually acknowledged my poor experience directly and/or even send a pm.

SSP runs circles around these guys in terms of volume and their CS is still top notch. AAT can go kick rocks.

(Sorry for the negativity OSA but this experience grinds my gears)

Have never been to ATT or SSP, but from earlier posts and the "genuine" response, as well as being a business owner, I have to agree with Beast. Seems like a canned response made after pages of complaints. None specifically commented on. Mostly BS to make the shop owner feel good, believing he has taken care of the problem. He should be OBSERVING how his employees are interacting with customers: new and old, addressing stated and observed issues.

I mean their business no harm, but 'the perception' what matters, regardless of genuine feelings of the management. Not all will be pleased 100% of the time, but the customers perception IS his reality. The 'customers' posting here maybe should have demanded a manager before just walking out. A problem, real or perceived, cannot be dealt with, if not known. Not happy with an owner, then by all means, go elsewhere.

Numerous threads here about dealing with 'NO GUN' posted business and discussing the issue with management. Let the issue be known!!!!!!!!!!! It may be corrected to your satisfaction or not, but you will know how the owner / manager deals with the situation.

Whether any customer is ignored or slighted, on purpose or accidently' the customer's perception makes it fact.

Last edited:

AAT

New to the site!
Reaction score
We encourage an open market. Competitors are welcome, we work very well and offer our range to other dealers and instructors. Thank you to viewers who are open minded. We would also like to thank every one who helped and made the NRA Banquet last night a very big success.

Latest posts

Top Bottom