Hot Tub Recommendations in OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had a hot tub for 20 or so years. Big unit surrounded by a deck, seats 10 unless you're all good friends and its new years eve, then it seats 15-20. :hey3:
It was an ozone unit as well. The ozonator crapped out after a couple of years and there was no replacement parts so it was chemical from then on, but we have a pool as well so all the chemicals and testing units were available.
Ours was supposed to be pure redwood too, but it turned out to be redwood stain. I'd take a pocket knife and scratch the inside of a door to see if its really redwood in the future.
We had to scrap it last year after the wife kept draining it to clean and sanitize while forgetting to trip the breaker. The heating elements would come on and burn out, and finally became non replaceable as they were outdated.
Took two tractors with front loaders to load it on a trailer and then tip it up on its side to take to the dump.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If ya did 20+years in the military, I think Tricare should cover them. I have one of the Jacuzzi walk in tubs. Back knees and ankles sure feel better when I get out.

Believe me; I tried. Takes an act of congress to get it approved so insurance will cover it...so I'll just pay up and enjoy.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have had several over the last 30 years or so, best way to get rid of them is chainsaw! small pieces easier to carry to curb for big trash

Unless somebody wants to come over to disassemble and haul this one away in order to rehab it, that's probably what I'm gonna do...just saw the helloutta it and drag the pieces to the curb. I need to get this old one gone and have the outdoor flooring replaced before I put a new one in.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unless somebody wants to come over to disassemble and haul this one away in order to rehab it, that's probably what I'm gonna do...just saw the helloutta it and drag the pieces to the curb. I need to get this old one gone and have the outdoor flooring replaced before I put a new one in.
Is this like a Japanese wood soaker tub?

Latest posts

Top Bottom