Hot Tub Recommendations in OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a really nice chemical free hot tub from Country Leisure Mfg down in Moore almost 20 years ago; the kind that uses an ozone light system for water purification. It worked great! The wife and I loved it; we were in that thing every day, summer or winter! Anyway, I got hurt, had multiple surgeries and could not use the thing for the better part of three years due to an open wound...Now, I'm all healed up and want to take advantage of the benefits of a hot tub again. Problem is, the cabinetry (solid redwood) is pretty much shot, seals are dried out, tubing needs to be replaced, pumps are going bad...the tub is just plain old and needs a lot of work to get it back to top shape. So, I am going to send it to hot tub heaven and just go buy a new one. I am going to have to take the old one out, and would be happy to let someone here have it as a hot tub project if they want it. (I may just post it up as a give-away in the classifieds now that I think about it). It's a bit of a be-ach to remove, I have the tub in an open-air atrium, which is in the center of the house, and it's not real easy to maneuver a 900 lb 7'X7' box around in there...it can be done, but it takes like 4 men and a boy to move the thing.

So - Any recommendations on reputable dealers or companies to shop around at in the OKC area for new tub? I definitely want to stay with an ozone system; no chlorine or bromine for me! I just want a well-made, chemical free 3-4 person sized hot tub, preferably 220 V model as they give you a lot more jet action than a little 110 V unit.

Nobody really needs a hot tub; they are purely a luxury item. But lemme tell ya...you get out there in that thing with the temp set at 101 degrees in the dead of winter, got one of those little umbrellas to keep the snowflakes out of your hot chocolate, soaking in those hot bubbles, got the little woman in there...Ahhh. Life just slows down and your problems don't follow you in a hot tub. Yes; I need another one.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I too had a country leisure and got real tired of paying for those bulbs...bought a softub and have never looked back or regretted it.

Not the cheap Intex brand, the actual soft tub branded hot tub. It's round and fits thru door openings in your house and plugs into a regular outlet so it doesn't require any wiring, you get tired of where its at? Simply drain it and move it.

I bought it at the base exchange from a vendor who was set up out front by the eyeglass shop. I'm not sure when he will be back out there.

Good luck!

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Emerald Springs in Bethany is the BEST PLACE!!! We have purchased 3 hot tubs from Randy and Regina...they are awesome.

The best advice they gave us:..... wet test first!!!!!

Take your bathing suit and try it WITH water in it. You can't believe the difference, trust me, but there is a hugh difference with the water in it versus one without water.

My wife loved one....without water. They filled it with water and she tried it and hated it. She kept slipping under the water.

No matter who you buy it from.....wet test.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I too had a country leisure and got real tired of paying for those bulbs...bought a softub and have never looked back or regretted it....

I only had to replace a bulb maybe once a year, $35-40 buck a pop...no big deal and I'd rather do that than pour chemicals in it...

Good luck!

Emerald Springs in Bethany is the BEST PLACE!!! We have purchased 3 hot tubs from Randy and Regina...they are awesome.

The best advice they gave us:..... wet test first!!!!!

Take your bathing suit and try it WITH water in it. You can't believe the difference, trust me, but there is a hugh difference with the water in it versus one without water.

My wife loved one....without water. They filled it with water and she tried it and hated it. She kept slipping under the water.

No matter who you buy it from.....wet test.

Bought mine from Regina at Emerald Springs they are awesome.

So Emerald Springs huh? Okay, there's two of you telling me good stuff about them; but, are they chemical free units?

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have had several over the last 30 years or so, best way to get rid of them is chainsaw! small pieces easier to carry to curb for big trash

Latest posts

Top Bottom