How are your savings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is the amount you have saved gone up or down since 2020?

• Up

Votes: 45 62.5%
  • Down

Votes: 27 37.5%

• Total voters

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our generation of thinking doesnt exist anymore, I hate to say.
Now its entitlement city and lazy young people that dont know what its like to be poor whith everything handed to them from birth.
I think it does still exist, in small numbers.

But I totally understand where you’re coming from. Im 35… these new gen Z doofus’s and like 75% of my generation drive me insane haha

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it does still exist, in small numbers.

But I totally understand where you’re coming from. Im 35… these new gen Z doofus’s and like 75% of my generation drive me insane haha
Well at your age I can see why you say that but I'm 54 and was more referring to us older farts lol
Each generation that is born gets more lazy and exponentially. A child born today by a lazy 20 yo has little chance in a lot of cases.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no one to leave mine too. Divorced, no kids and my siblings darn sure aint getting it.
Kinda sad really but it is what it is.
I have two sons, one is wayward and a ner' do well and the other makes good money but is a spendthrift paycheck to paycheck. Then the wife has two children, both won't have much to do with her, she texts one and receives no answer so that is what it is and I hesitate to leave nayone of them with the money I've managed to save in my older years. They all want us to give and come Christmas or Thanksgiving it's showtime and we're on stage providing and working. To put in in the vernacular, they'd urinate it away.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dad went back to college when us kids were little. Got a degree in economics. Went into banking, he started off as a loan officer making something measly like $13hr. But he stayed in the field for the rest of his career and climbed the ladder. For a while now he’s been president of a lending institution. He makes well into 6 figures and his year end bonuses tend to be close to my annual income lol.. I’m very proud of my Dad!!!
That's what one has to do, stick it out. Low wages may come at first but over the years they will increase. These days, the young don't want to start at the bottom, they all want to be the CEO and yet have no knowledge of what a CEO does, they just want the money! since they can't make high wages, they quit when they should have stuck it out over the years and have a very good income. Your Dad did it right!
It's like going into the military at $78 dollars per month but over the years and with promotions at the twenty year mark you have a pretty good retirement. It just takes time and there are few that will take the time to excel.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tinker Credit Union has a share certificate for 4.75% but you have to leave it there for 13 months and can't touch it without a penalty. (loss of money)
The SP 500 is doing close to 12%... just saying.
I have a kind of new lady friend, one I dated 30 years ago and we both find ourselves in the same situation. Shes been there for me through so much over the years and she knows she will be a millionaire if I die first.
We may get married but right now she has 7 dogs lol... A hard NO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom