How did Pres. Carter put a ban on Iranians back in 1979/80??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, it does IMHO.

If we were at war with Syria, I would be ok with it again. But turning away people fleeing a tyrannical government and civil war with horrors the likes of which we can't imagine simply based on the God they worship is entirely wrong.

OMG! I bet there are lots of other countries a lot closer to Syria where these people could go. No need to drag them all the way over here.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why no backlash?

Try to imagine the state...er main stream media vilifying king osama if he banned all Christians, and all persons of European descent. Can't quite make the stretch myself.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do know this. When Carter imposed restrictions on Iranians entering the country, I lived in a college dorm with 8 (supposed) students of Arab decent on my floor. When they were drunk (always) they would admit they were Iranians on fake Kuwait or Saudi citizenship papers.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love how conervatives are so desperate they're pulling out this Carter-Iranian thing like it's a hidden weakness in "the other side".

A democrat was responsible for the Japanese-American Internet too. Who gives a ****. Irrelevant.

Let's talk about Vietnamese boat people and the IRCA if we want to make everything partisan. Lawl. Everyone needs to go through the same rigorous process, right? It's only fair. What's our problem with hispanic Catholics again? If we ban muslims we surely can take on more Mexicans and Central Americans.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love how conervatives are so desperate they're pulling out this Carter-Iranian thing like it's a hidden weakness in "the other side".

A democrat was responsible for the Japanese-American Internet too. Who gives a ****. Irrelevant.

Let's talk about Vietnamese boat people and the IRCA if we want to make everything partisan. Lawl. Everyone needs to go through the same rigorous process, right? It's only fair. What's our problem with hispanic Catholics again? If we ban muslims we surely can take on more Mexicans and Central Americans.
the point is the left are hollering that what trump suggested was unconstitutional and "not who we are" when it is actually statutory law that was passed and has been used by the dem's

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-b...670-no-room-in-america-for-christian-refugees

Is our current administration only going to allow Syrian Muslim refugees into the U.S. or will Syrian Christian refugees be able to enter?

I know the answer but I'm not sure you will like it.

The refugees are drawn from the refugee camps and most of the refugees are Sunni and Yzidi because most of the fighting is occurring in their territory.

Christians never made up more than 10% of the Syrian population and most of them live in Damascus and Aleppo which have been spared most of the fighting.
Life continues to be good in Damascus with oppulent parties and a still thriving tourist trade.
Most Christians in Syria still live in their intact homes.

There were some Christian refugees from Iraq early on but many of them made their way to Jordan or Israel.

The link is a blog opinion piece that doesn't lie, it just provides enough selected information to allow the reader to jump to the conclusion intended for them.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/705127

Just a curiosity question on how Carter banned Iranians from entering the U.S....with exceptions. He also sent Iranian students to immigrations to check visas?

Why no backlash?

Just curious...

Didn't that happen about the same time the Iranians took our diplomats hostage and held them for a long time? Almost two years IIRC.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the point is the left are hollering that what trump suggested was unconstitutional and "not who we are" when it is actually statutory law that was passed and has been used by the dem's

And not all the left either. Many Democrats are siding with Trump because they and he all know it would have to be done by country with exceptions made for special cases. Same as Carter did with Iran. It is only the far left and their media puppies that are getting bent out of shape.

As far as the Christians, no they will not be allowed and Dear Leader has already deported several even though they are being murdered, raped, and burnt out by the Muslims. They can not even go to the refugee camps without being killed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom