Food stamp program rewards households with illegal aliens

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't even trust the left leaning sites anymore either...

Tax Credits for Illegal Immigrants

[This is a rare case of an Internet rumor with some substance to it. In fact, it’s shaping up as a major dogfight in Congress. At issue here are the federal child tax credits that can be claimed by persons with dependent children under age 17. Some Democrats are already defending these child tax credit payments that have gone to those without a valid Social Security number, accusing Republicans who want to end them of a heartless attack on children.

Several different versions of this viral email all cite a recent investigative story by an Indianapolis television station, but WTHR-TV is far from the first to notice. The Washington Post and others reported on this last year when the Treasury Department’s inspector general for tax administration issued a report on July 7, 2011.

The title of the report summed up the IG’s finding: “Individuals Who Are Not Authorized to Work in the United States Were Paid $4.2 Billion in Refundable Credits.”

The credits currently amount to $1,000 per child, and they are “refundable,” meaning that parents may receive refunds even when they do not owe any tax.

And since passage of the 1996 welfare reform law, they have been ineligible for the refundable portion of the Earned Income Tax Credit as well.

The IG report said the IRS management doesn’t demand that parents submit documentation to prove that the children they are claiming actually reside in the U.S., something the IG recommended and IRS management said it lacked legal authority to do. So it is at least possible that some refunds are being paid based on children who aren’t citizens, or who aren’t even living in the U.S.

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/05/tax-credits-for-illegal-immigrants/

Can anybody here claim a child on their taxes that they don't have to provide documentation for?

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont think the argument can be won by using numbers. Do some illegals get food stamps? Im sure they do.

Its pointless to argue about anything unless one offers a solution to a problem or aggrees to compromise to find a solution.

Personally, i think state workers and DHS could do a much better job of weeding out abusers.

We need to remember that the more people that receive benefits the more job security there is for those handing out the benefits, most if not all enablers,are doing it for themselves not the poor immigrants.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Hobbes.....but the Southern Poverty Law Center? In the beginning I think they had good intentions, but as the years progressed they have become predictably left leaning and biased.
Seems every group the SPLC talks about, that group is filled with hate and racism.....my link has neither, yet the SPLC will accuse them of such. Kinda like one of the posts of today...about Joe and Jose, the OP was accused of a racist post when all he did was post facts about how illegal aliens are benefiting from our government.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I know the splc is really unpopular with the neo-nazis, white aryans, klan, and the groups that like to hate on the jews.

Maybe the Mexicans have replaced the jews, gays, and mooslims as the in crowd to hate on.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Hobbes.....but the Southern Poverty Law Center? In the beginning I think they had good intentions, but as the years progressed they have become predictably left leaning and biased.
Seems every group the SPLC talks about, that group is filled with hate and racism.....my link has neither, yet the SPLC will accuse them of such. Kinda like one of the posts of today...about Joe and Jose, the OP was accused of a racist post when all he did was post facts about how illegal aliens are benefiting from our government.

You say facts and I say racist rhetoric.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So posting how people are illegally living off of the government, abusing the system they haven't paid into, and getting money from the government illegally is racist rhetoric?
Does the truth hurt so much you have to generalize it as something it isn't? Or is it that the OP of the other post used the name Jose? The facts he posted have not been proven wrong,
so the best you can come up with is it's nothing but racist rhetoric?

Surely you can come up with something better than that?

Latest posts

Top Bottom