Food stamp program rewards households with illegal aliens

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I really think OSA should ban chain letters or other mass junk email type crap. Its really getting old. If ya want to discuss a topic bring it up but stop passing off propaganda as thread starters.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really think OSA should ban chain letters or other mass junk email type crap. Its really getting old. If ya want to discuss a topic bring it up but stop passing off propaganda as thread starters.

Take a look at the link. This was not sent to me in a chain letter. I did the research and found the website that provided this information.

Maybe OSA should ban replies from people who don't know how to read.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Researched it huh? Its from a blog, hardly a legitimate resource. Even High Schoolers know that blogs are not research material.

Its your thread, so one can assume you want to discuss the topic of illegal aliens getting food stamps.

I may value your opinion on the topic but i could care less what David North says in a blog.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Researched it huh? Its from a blog, hardly a legitimate resource. Even High Schoolers know that blogs are not research material.

Its your thread, so one can assume you want to discuss the topic of illegal aliens getting food stamps.

I may value your opinion on the topic but i could care less what David North says in a blog.

Feel free to dispute the findings with any source you choose. I would be interested to see what others say either to dispute the numbers or validate them.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Feel free to dispute the findings with any source you choose. I would be interested to see what others say either to dispute the numbers or validate them.

I dont think the argument can be won by using numbers. Do some illegals get food stamps? Im sure they do.

Its pointless to argue about anything unless one offers a solution to a problem or aggrees to compromise to find a solution.

Personally, i think state workers and DHS could do a much better job of weeding out abusers.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's no way illegals can get welfare assistance, regardless of what a "nativist blog" like the Norman Transcript says...

DHS employee says department isn't enforcing reporting laws

[An Oklahoma Department of Human Services employee says state human services officials are ignoring the policy to report potential illegal immigrants to the federal immigration agency.

Steve Thomas, social worker II in the agency's Oklahoma County Rockwell office, testified before members of Oklahoma House of Representatives' Revenue and Taxation Committee during an interim study on state immigration reform Tuesday.

"There's got to be an incentive not to come (to the United States) ... we're not doing anything about it," said Thomas, who is up for retirement in November from the department. "We need to ask for identity, we need to ask for citizenship."

Thomas said he reviews the eligibility requirements to determine if a person qualifies to a few programs, including food stamps. He said for food stamps the person must be a citizen or an alien who has lived in the state at least five years. He looks at the income level and citizenship status of those coming into the agency, but he does not question the answers.

"If they want to say they're citizens, we go with it," he said. Thomas works as a social worker II, which he said "means I've been there a long time and haven't been promoted." He told legislators he was put in front of a civil rights board that told him he had scared a person by revealing the reporting requirements for illegal aliens and that was deterring the person from seeking assistance. Thomas said by law he is supposed to submit a memo to the state office with information on possible illegal immigrants and the state office can then determine whether or not to report the case to the feds.

"There are no workers sending memos," he said.]

http://normantranscript.com/local/x5...reporting-laws

Latest posts

Top Bottom