How Did You Meet Your Significant Other?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It always irritates me when someone says "ex Marine".

It irritates me too, but only because there actually is such a "thing", in all honesty. To clarify that, an ex-Marine is one that we kicked out of the Corps. Like as in a BCD or DHD. A sea-turd found unworthy of the EGA; a miscreant who somehow snuck through the system; ran afoul of the rules to an extent found unbearable and irrepairable and who then suffered the consequencess. Although long off active duty, I remain a Marine, and will carry that title to my grave. An ex-Marine no longer can be in my club.

Now, to the original question; I met my wonderful wife at my sister's beauty salon; she was getting her nails done and I was getting a haircut. Our eyes met, I decided to make her mine, and whisked her away from some hapless dude who I had to almost take a hammer too...but that's another story.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get antsy if the girl I'm dating spends more than 2 nights a week at my house, or starts leaving toiletries and junk here. HEY YOU DON'T LIVE HERE WHAT IS THIS DID YOU FORGET THIS?

:rollingla:rollingla:rollingla I used to be the same way!! :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: I actually had a guy tell me that we were getting along so well that he thought I'd like for him to move in. I said "Did I ASK you to move in? Hmmmm ... I didn't think so ... take your girlie mags and your shaving cream and GO HOME ...")

Gonna be really hard for me to ever give this up. I wish things never had to progress past the "you spend 2-3 nights a week here, and the rest of the week at your place" phase. I would so take a wife if I could hire one part-time/seasonally. Sorry, we just aren't busy enough to put anyone on full-time.

Anyone who knows me and GC knows that I spent a big part of our dating relationship trying to tell him I wasn't the girl for him ... "I'm not gonna be somebody's ex-wife's babysitter every other weekend." "I LOVE being single." "No, really, we don't have to get married, we can just date."

Then his ex- called me one night and well, the up-end of that "discussion" was that I went to his apartment, got his uniform and said "If I have to put up with this ****, you might as well be living with me ..." And ... THAT ... as Paul would say ... Is the rest of the story ...

In a hot tub, naked with another woman...there's a lot to be said for open minded women ;-)

There is a caveat to that ... Just don't come home bragging ... and don't EVER want to spend your birthday with these other women ... Even the most open-minded of us have limits ... :grumble::hey3::rollingla

Online dating site. Together 7 1/2 years now Married 6 1/2

We had a recent rough patch but we're back together working things out.

I am sooo happy for you guys!!!

CHenry, keep the faith man ... Believe it or not GC and I have had some bad spells ... Although I think the biggest reason we are both still together is we are just lazy ... or maybe it's stubborn ... who really knows these things for sure?? Therapists are too expensive and drive me daft anyway ... "How does that make you feel??" Well F*** how do you think that makes me feel?? I'm here paying you $100 for 50 MINUTES, telling a complete stranger things I wouldn't tell my priest ... Good grief ...

**opps, sorry guys ... sore spot ... :grumble::rollingla **

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my coworker eric always says: "no such thing as a former marine. they're simply dormant marines."

Shhh... you'll wake us all up and then there will be trouble.

You know Congress limits the ranks of active duty Marines to be the smallest of the branches because they're afraid if we got any bigger we'd take over the whole damned world.

:soldiers:

TulsaBandit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We were set up on a blind date by some mutual friends. We were both invited to come bowling with them, not knowing that it was a setup. So I get to the bowling alley and find myself in the middle of a church group bowling night. Normally this wouldn't be an issue at all, but tonight I had chosen to wear a t-shirt of my friends band 100 Proof, the back of which has the name of their first album "Baptized in Whiskey". Luckily for me, this was a great ice breaker conversation with the girl I was there to meet. Three years later we're married, have a daughter, and recently found out we have a son on the way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom