How Did You Meet Your Significant Other?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I met my wife at work. I worked in service and they hired her as a parts runner. I took a chance and flirted with her, she was only 25 and I was 35, worked out and we have been happily married for over 2 years now!!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
An ex girlfriend (Courtney), whom I was still just friends with, emailed me to see how I was doing and asked if I was still single. I was 33 and had pretty much given up on finding the right gal. I was real picky though. So I tell her yes, I was still single and she said "I work with a girl about your age (4 years yonger) that has been divorced 5 years and just wants to meet a nice guy". She knew I wouldnt go near a divorced gal unless she had been done with the divorce at least a few years.
I was skeptical because I had so many failed blind dates and introductions. I told Courtney to give her my email address and we could exchange pictures and chat. Well we did and her picture wasnt a real good quality photo but I could see she was pretty attractive. I was still skeptical trying to figure out why such a pretty young woman was having a hard time finding a man unless something was really wrong with her. After about a month of just emailing, I grew a set and asked her to go to lunch. She worked just a half mile from me so she agreed to go that day. As my bad timing would have it, I had caught a ride to work that day because my ride was in the shop so I had to ask her if she would pick me up. :sorry4:

She arrived and I was standing outside waiting. As she drove up she rolled down the tinted window and I saw her for the first time in person. :drooling:Her picture didnt do her justice at all, she was/is so beautiful. So I gathered up my bottom jaw and tongue that was dangling down on the ground now and jumped in the car. We went to Sonic and ate and visited for an hour. That was the beginning of the best days of my life.
Unfortunately, we are having marriage issues and are separated but we are working and making progress towards repairing things and I pray everyday that I win back my angel sent from God.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Says the hopeless romantic swooning at QuickTrip.

I don't mean this in a bad way, but the stories I hear/read of people meeting someone and then moving in together or getting married in a matter of a couple months or even a couple weeks are hard for me to wrap my head around. Maybe I'm just too stuck-up and unromantic, but man, I spend more time than that researching a new pair of hunting boots before making a purchase. I get antsy if the girl I'm dating spends more than 2 nights a week at my house, or starts leaving toiletries and junk here. HEY YOU DON'T LIVE HERE WHAT IS THIS DID YOU FORGET THIS?

LAWL! +infinity

My ex found a new cowboy to put a ring on it only 3-1/2 months after she left with my three kids. (and I don't mean engaged... they were already full blown married) Woe is he who evidently knows not what he has done, but he's stuck with her now. Soon he'll discover the error of his ways when she goes all full blown nutso on him too.

Next one that leaves stuff at your house, just stockpile it away until she's moved on... then strategically leave it out like vampire bane so the next one doesn't get too attached. :D

RidgeHunter said:
Gonna be really hard for me to ever give this up. I wish things never had to progress past the "you spend 2-3 nights a week here, and the rest of the week at your place" phase. I would so take a wife if I could hire one part-time/seasonally. Sorry, we just aren't busy enough to put anyone on full-time.

Uh, ya... you actually CAN do this. It's expensive, but no more so than giving away half (or more) of all your $h1t.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I didn't say this in the other threads but we were introduced to each other by mutual "friends" ... Apparently I was good enough for GC to bang like a screen door in a hurricane but not good enough for him to marry ... As once he proposed they spent an inordinate amount of time trying to break us up ... Nope, we're not friends with those friends anymore ...

I found out several years later that the office I worked at (the one with the "God Squad") had a pool going ... Nobody gave us 6 months ... We've been together almost 15 years now ...[/QUOTE

Mrs. Lone Wolf's god mother said it wouldn't last, and she was a cooooool older lady, so what can I say, 33 plus years.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gonna be really hard for me to ever give this up. I wish things never had to progress past the "you spend 2-3 nights a week here, and the rest of the week at your place" phase. I would so take a wife if I could hire one part-time/seasonally. Sorry, we just aren't busy enough to put anyone on full-time.

Sounds like a business decision to me Ridge more so than not wanting commitment. Cant blame you.

Unfortunately, we are having marriage issues and are separated but we are working and making progress towards repairing things and I pray everyday that I win back my angel sent from God.

CHenry I hope your marriage issues are able to be resolved and things fall back into place like they once were.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CHenry I hope your marriage issues are able to be resolved and things fall back into place like they once were.

+1 on that. Prayin' for you brother. I joke about my situation but when it all comes down to it, if it is salvageable, then I wish all the best for you in that regard.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LAWL! +infinity

My ex found a new cowboy to put a ring on it only 3-1/2 months after she left with my three kids. (and I don't mean engaged... they were already full blown married) Woe is he who evidently knows not what he has done, but he's stuck with her now. Soon he'll discover the error of his ways when she goes all full blown nutso on him too.

And dudes say women are crazy. That cowboy is crazier than any woman that ever walked. Dude my dad went to school with has been married, at my last count, 7 times. He gets a divorce, straightens up his paperwork, and go picks up another wife (I guess there is a wife store in Tulsa?). Hell, his last wife died and he went right back to the wife store on the way home - probably woulda asked for a refund on the dead wife if the customer service counter was open. At some point you just say fawk it, get a dog and go fishin, right?

I actually know more dudes that do things like this than women. I got a family member that met a girl at a bar on vacation, spent 3-4 days with her, went home and to quit his job and put his house on the market so he could move 1,000+ miles to shack up with her. Both examples above are middle-aged men, if you're thinking 'dumb kids'.

Uh, ya... you actually CAN do this. It's expensive, but no more so than giving away half (or more) of all your $h1t.

Maybe if you got good looks or money you could do this. I got neither.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Next one that leaves stuff at your house, just stockpile it away until she's moved on... then strategically leave it out like vampire bane so the next one doesn't get too attached. :D

when did you get the idea to steal my plans? (works every time btw). I can't let them women think they can just move on in and start moving my stuff around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom