How far would you travel to shoot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For several years I've been thinking of opening a shooting range. Outdoor only, handgun, rifle and long range rifle. I see a need, but want some feedback. Besides travel distance, what would be your top 3 things wanted at a range and do you prefer a club with membership?

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prefer open the public range. rifle range should be at least 200 yrd, but preferably 300 and more, if at all possible. covered shooting benches and an elevated tree stand. Pistol range. bow range, again with tree stand. skeet and trap ranges, a shooting clays course would be outstanding. I have traveled 50 miles to visit such a range.

OKC_Jim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For several years I've been thinking of opening a shooting range. Outdoor only, handgun, rifle and long range rifle. I see a need, but want some feedback. Besides travel distance, what would be your top 3 things wanted at a range and do you prefer a club with membership?

How long of a long range are we talking about?

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would be nice to have another range similar to TCGC or OKCGC. Probably not feasible. I prefer outdoor ranges.

I would pay more to upgrade Lexington WMA. I used to enjoy going there 30 years ago.

We were looking for land last summer, for mainly shooting or hunting.

Benches, roof, and bathrooms or porta potty.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Covered bench area, distance and the ability to shoot machineguns. If I could shoot my .50BMG 1000+ yards and run some machineguns, I'd drive around an hour one way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom