how I wasted my day - picture attached

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here, for your vieweing pleasure, is a photo of what I did today.

temp got up to 111, according to the truck. this is what happens when you don't scout your trail to the river after an abnormally high rainfall summer. You probably can't see it, but just in front of the truck is a three foot cliff. had I not slammed on the brakes, I'd have seriously damaged the truck. Instead, I got stuck. all four wheels spinning freely, entire frame sitting on powdery sand. you can see the step bar is below the sand line. seriously stuck.

[Broken External Image]

I had driven the trail a hundred times last year without so much as needing 4X4. this time, I not only got my truck hopelessly stuck, my brother whom I called out to help, got hopelessly stuck as well.

We finally used the locking diff on my truck to pull him free by using a wheel as a redneck winch of sorts, the turned around and used the same setup to free my truck, dragging his truck 6 feet in the process. got out there at 9:30 this morning, didn't get home until 7:00pm.

Amount of work I got done: absolutely zero. what a waste. I will have a 12,000 lb winch on the truck by the end of the week.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HA! HA! I've been stuck worse than that a zillion times. Just don't have the pics to prove it.

Sand sucks. Worse than mud.

My solution on sand(and I have had several trucks on Little Sahara State Park in the big sand) is to let the tire pressure down to just enough to keep the bead from coming off the wheel. Most times if your not high centered, this will work.

I never leave the house without a shovel and high lift jack.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could have been worse...

i70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Jeep_img006.jpg

i70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Jeep_img003.jpg

i70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Jeep_img005.jpg

i70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Jeep_img004.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom