How long

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In that link are some cases of Muslims *acting* to stop it (unless I'm confusing it with several others I had open about the same topic). I already admitted it isn't enough, but the constant narrative that Muslims aren't calling out their own extremists is false. There are virtually no religions that are effective at *doing* anything to stop their own extremists.

How many religions are you aware of that contribute to terrorism in this day and time more than the muslim faith? An honest question.

6 Strings

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Muslims have been, and are, speaking out against this. Mainstream media won't tell that story though.

Search for it, and you'll find it. Analyze the language on social media...it's everywhere, all over the world, but who is talking about it? Here's a brief piece related to the current attacks...but Muslims have been speaking out for a long time. I'm not suggesting they couldn't do more (we all could), but they are doing what many say they aren't.

http://www.alternet.org/media/not-bigots-will-care-muslims-around-world-are-condemning-paris-attacks

It does not get the coverage is true. Seems to run counter to the Islamic apologists who want to claim that terrorism by Islamists are not Islamic.

Throughout history there have been Muslims that have spoken out and have given their lives to stop the jihadists. But that does not change the fact that there are Islamists that are killing people due to how they interpret their religion.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many religions are you aware of that contribute to terrorism in this day and time more than the muslim faith? An honest question.

You have a point, but there's definitely examples of christian religions in the same context...it all depends on what you label as "terrorism". However, the religious and social processes haven't changed for thousands of years, won't now, and won't in the future unless religion itself continues to devolve.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have a point, but there's definitely examples of christian religions in the same context...it all depends on what you label as "terrorism". However, the religious and social processes haven't changed for thousands of years, won't now, and won't in the future unless religion itself continues to devolve.

I'm not talking about history. I'm talking about right now. Today.
Theologians can discuss past religions until the end of time. Great history reading. I don't care about past history in that context.
I worry about my family eating at a restaurant, going to a concert, working in a skyscraper, all of which are soft targets for muslim terrorists.
The Mullahs of Iran constantly call for terrorism in recent chants of death to America, and call for wiping Israel off the map.
None of the Imams at morning or evening prayers in the middle east, and recently in minarets in Europe preach tolerance for western ideals, instead, calling for caliphates, and advancing the muslim religion world wide.
Calls for Sharia law by immigrant muslims in their new homes are commonplace and in some cases have been enacted. France is one of them.
So how do we stop this, or do we sit idly by and let a foreign country take over our core values, and the rules/laws that have made the US into the greatest nation the world has ever known?
Is Political correctness and a condescending attitude commonly called "tolerance" going to stop the onslaught of muslim terrorism world wide and in the US? It seems our government officials, and some of those European leaders think this is the avenue we should follow.

Personally I don't agree with that attitude.

Latest posts

Top Bottom