How many have a S&W Sigma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was it last summer that they were selling them for $99 with the purchase of a new S&W? :scratch:

But I'm with GED for a utility gun. They'd make a fine truck gun or a "house gun" (those that you stash in multiple locations) after a serious number of rounds to prove reliability.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't Glock sue S&W for patent infringement because of the Sigma design? The M&P is a much better gun, IMHO. Of course, you get what you pay for.

Enjoy your Swock!

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was it last summer that they were selling them for $99 with the purchase of a new S&W? :scratch:

But I'm with GED for a utility gun. They'd make a fine truck gun or a "house gun" (those that you stash in multiple locations) after a serious number of rounds to prove reliability.

Between the two that I have, I have shot somewhere in the neighborhood of 3000 rounds through them. I have never had a failure of any kind. Like I said, once the trigger is fixed it is a pleasure to shoot. That being said, I'm a 1911 guy so I'm not a huge fan of plastic gun's in general but these work fine.

Ridgeway

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mark and I both have one in 40, it was our first gun. I now have a M&P 9c that I adore!!!! Mark actually prefers his 40, he likes the long trigger pull. For the price you can't beat it and I decided not to sell mine when I got the M&P.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A guy I work with has one, he likes it. His son has a 9mm I think and his son likes that too.

They're not gold plated or anything, but they put lead down range.

T-Baggin98

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well it might not be as good as some others but Ive heard enough good about it and found a good deal on it so I jumped. This weekend will be the first test. Im sure I will like it. Someone asked before so I dont mean to ask again but does anyone have a link or anything for this trigger mod? Thanks.

Fly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since you ask!take apart slide put in bowl of alchohol (trichloethylene if you can get it)
take out let dry. now dissemble the firing pin (take off plastic stop on end of slide) be careful the extractor spring may fly wild on ya.
replace with wolff spring 3.5#. dont reassemble yet
now where sear and slot in slide meet polish that slot. use an emery board. your just smoothing it out reducing some friction there.
next on the trigger connector do same thing on top of tabs coming off trigger connector.
now where trigger connector and slide mate. get some steel wool.fine steel wool. polish those surfaces too. remember were reducing friction not removing metal. 1 drop of oil in cam block (end of trigger connector) reassemble unit. dry fire LOTS
reduced smooth trigger pull
totally different trigger than the one i bought
have fun be safe
remember all guns are LOADED until we know otherwise

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i used to own one in .40 first time i took it out the firing pin broke after about 50 rounds. i sent it back to smith & wesson and asked them to lighten the trigger pull while they had it in their posession. they replaced the firing pin and reduced the pull for free. great customer service. but i just couldn't get used to the trigger even after they worked on it. i musta got a bad one or somethin but i wasn't real impressed with it myself

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
was shooting at H&H last winter, when I asked a guy shooting a sigma .40 what he had. he offered to let me shoot it. I was pleasently surprised and did not think the trigger was bad or even close to bad myself. If I remember right the old ones did have a creepy trigger, but this one was brand new and fired dead on, with no trigger or any other issues. And when smith had the coupon or discount on them so they ended up around $250 or so out the door, they were one of the best deals on the market.

Latest posts

Top Bottom