How many rounds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well now you all are going to make me put a extra mag in the car and one in the house after this thread.

Yeah, an extra mag in the car is a great idea. :rolleyes2

Especially (and only) if you face an armed encounter...

...IN YOUR CAR! :yikes2:

Seriously. If you've taken on the HUGE responsibility of totin' an iron, then carrying a spare mag IS NOT a burden. :disappoin Man up and get a spare mag and a belt pouch. If that extra mag on your belt is just too damned heavy, swap that bottom feeder for an Airweight Smith & Wesson J frame and a spare Bianchi Speed Strip.

I call that a "no excuses" concealed carry package. Because with the light weight of the S&W Airweight J frame and the nothingness of a loaded speed strip in your opposite pocket, you have absolutely NO EXCUSE not to carry. ;)

Granted, the pocket carry method is about the worst there is, but at least you've accomplished Rule #1: Bring a gun.

If you (or anybody else) is unfamiliar with "The Rules" click on my signature below. Know it. Learn it. Live it.

Remember boys and girls, an armed encounter is a come as you are event.

Are you ready?

Woodcutter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have also heard that the average fight lasts 7 seconds and three rounds are fired. However, it was back in the revolver days when this statistic first came out, I believe. That means that half the fights lasted more than 7 seconds and more than three rounds were fired. In the last couple of decades the round count per fight has gone up.

On the average day, I will not have to use my firearm to protect myself, so following that law of averages, maybe I should leave my firearm at home? The problem is, if I need to defend myself, it is already not an average day. Of all the gunfights that I have knowledge of the details, not once has the winner said, "I wish I did not have all that ammo".

How much do I have on me right now? My usual, 67 rounds.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info GED, my only problems is that my belt is not going to support too much more weight as it is now...lol

I do carry as much as I possibly can, I carry chambered and ready to go, I dont carry rounds that injure but instead nice friendly Gold dots that will make sure the threat is eliminated.

I guess it is something I will do some thought on, I have plenty of mags and I am sure I can get Nano to make me a mag pouch out of Kydex.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To be honest, I'm not that F$@%ing paranoid. If you feel like you need to carry 143.7 rounds in order to get through your day, I suggest trying to stay away from the neighborhood that you're in. Granted I know sometimes you do have to go to the bad part of town. I feel like I carry enough to get me out of a situation, or at least buy me enough time to get to a more safe location.

Latest posts

Top Bottom