How many rounds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I'm carrying my Beretta, 18+1. I rarely carry a spare mag on my person, but there is at least 1 loaded mag in the glove box and/or center console of each vehicle, 1 in my laptop case, 1 or 2 in my duffel bag, and 2 spares in the quick access safe by the bed. I have mags all over the place.

If I'm carrying the 642, I always have at least one speed strip with me, and usually a speed loader in a jacket pocket. So 10 or 15 rounds total on me. I also have extra speed loaders stashed in all the above locations.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I really just want to know what you think you are going to run into. The anything can happen reason is a cop out. To come to the amount of ammo that some people say they are carrying you must have some idea what you think you are going to run into. Some seem more like they are going offensive instead of defensive.

I personally work at a job that requires me to carry. I have the one magazine and that is it. I personally can not see a situation in which I will need more than one magazine to escape and evade.

I'm sure that at your job where your required to carry, you also have a radio to call for backup. Out in the real world for the rest of us(I used to be an LEO) there is no calling for backup. If you feel fine carrying a gun with no extra ammo i.e. spare magazine, speedloader, or speed strip, well I'm happy for ya, an hope "Murphy" doesn't showup. I believe in the rule of "One is none, and two is One". I might suggest you do some reading by the likes of Jim Cirillo, Jeff Cooper, Skeeter Skelton, and others who have been there. You might change your opinion of how much is enough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom