How much do looks affect your fire arm purchases.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For instance, when you need to poke a .458 caliber hole, you decide how much HP you need and that may dictate what it looks like! Walnut, Tupperware, or something in between.
1886 .45-70
No.1 458 Lott
Tromix/Aero .458 Socom

20240316_115603.jpg

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I buy what tickles my fancy at the time.

There is something about a deep blue finish and fine fitted walnut stock. But, I just traded a Browning A-5, because it was too pretty and I didn't want to carry it afield. Though, I would have, had the opportunity arisen.

At one time, I wouldn't have touched a stainless firearm. Today, some of my favorites, in the safe, are stainless.

One thing I have never owned is a "plastic fantastic". No 9's, no plastic, no striker fired. Not to say I never will, just I never have. (and probably never will. Have shot several, like my 1911s better)

I fully support anybody that likes to shoot, shooting what ever they want to shoot.
I've owned one 9mm, a Nazi-marked Browining Hi-Power. Bought one other, an H&K VP9, for my youngest child. Was working as a security guard and that got a pay raise. If I were rich, I might go find another Hi-Power. I once bought an AR-180, and it was OK. But mostly I like 1903 Springfields, and variants, and Stevens boys rrifles. Again, if I were rich, I'd probably buy an AR-10. I am unlikely to get rich. :) So to buy any more firearms I'd have to sell some of what I have. There are a couple that I'm not as fond of, so it could happen. Maybe. One of the revolvers and an old Ruski rifle. And the wife's alloy Charter snubby if I survive her. That thing HURTS!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've owned one 9mm, a Nazi-marked Browining Hi-Power. Bought one other, an H&K VP9, for my youngest child. Was working as a security guard and that got a pay raise. If I were rich, I might go find another Hi-Power. I once bought an AR-180, and it was OK. But mostly I like 1903 Springfields, and variants, and Stevens boys rrifles. Again, if I were rich, I'd probably buy an AR-10. I am unlikely to get rich. :) So to buy any more firearms I'd have to sell some of what I have. There are a couple that I'm not as fond of, so it could happen. Maybe. One of the revolvers and an old Ruski rifle. And the wife's alloy Charter snubby if I survive her. That thing HURTS!
I have to agree, if I were rich enough to buy all the firearms I wanted, I would probably have an AR-10 in 243 Win just because.

yurigagarian

Marksman
Reaction score

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Function is number one, old wood and metal are the next considerations. I really do prefer older weapons for their construction benefits.

Do have some plastic fantastic and a HiPoint. But I prefer my levers as a Savage 99, my pistols as SAA or 1911, and have some BP gems including a modern Ruger hunting rifle inline BP.

The great thing is we still have the ability to choose and have personal preferences.

Latest posts

Top Bottom