how much to spend on a 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taymoor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw this posted on M4carbine.com. It kind of bothered me...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Your most likely not going to find many fans of Taurus here.

As a long time 1911 fan, they are a fickle beast and typically to get a "decent one" you will need to spend around $1,400 and should reastically be looking at something in the $2k-$3k range for one that will take a lot of abuse and keep on running.

If you never attend training classes with it and or shoot it a lot, it will most likely serve your needs very well.
---------------------------------------------------------
I know that tauruses aren't the best 1911, but a colt can be had for 1000 dollars. is it not reliable enough? Is he saying that in order to have a reliable firearm, I can either get a glock or a $2-$3k 1911. I would like to think that this person doesn't know his stuff. What do you people think?

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a long time 1911 fan, they are a fickle beast and typically to get a "decent one" you will need to spend around $1,400 and should reastically be looking at something in the $2k-$3k range for one that will take a lot of abuse and keep on running.

If you never attend training classes with it and or shoot it a lot, it will most likely serve your needs very well.
---------------------------------------------------------
I know that tauruses aren't the best 1911, but a colt can be had for 1000 dollars. is it not reliable enough? Is he saying that in order to have a reliable firearm, I can either get a glock or a $2-$3k 1911. I would like to think that this person doesn't know his stuff. What do you people think?

That is a load of BS.

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have heard great things about RIAs. Any parts replaced on yours?

Replaced a firing pin because it was getting beatup a little, and replaced the recoil spring at 7,000 rounds just because, wasn't having any malfunctions. I have6 Rock's, I have had to send a couple of my others in for service. It took less than 2 weeks to have them returned and they have been flawless since.

Latest posts

Top Bottom