How much was your actual tax bill in 2011?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much did you pay from your paychecks in taxes in 2011?

• $0 - $9,999

Votes: 25 26.9%
  • $10,000 - $24,999

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • $25,000 - $50,000

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • $50,000 - $100,000

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Taxes? You mean you actually had to PAY? Sucker!

Votes: 10 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just curious... it's going to be an anonymous poll, so don't worry.

What I'm after is how much you paid total... after figuring refunds or adding in extra owed tomorrow. So in other words, not including home/property taxes, nor sales tax, none of that.

What did you pay in to the .gov out of your paychecks in 2011? I'm curious for personal reasons, as I see people every day who pay essentially nothing for the privilege of living here and soaking up the resources, while those of us who work our arses off every day pay out the nose.

Hold on for the poll info....

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I found out that when you marry and get a ready made family (step Children) I went from owing an extra 1-5k to getting a refund of more than I payed in. Im pretty sure that wont be happening again next year as the job move I just made pretty much doubled my yearly bring home.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well see, there was this horrible boating accident........

The wife does our taxes, so I have no idea of the total amount. I do know that we had to pay in an additional $2800. While I may not miss the kids, I do miss the mortgage interest deduction. We sold our home and moved into our RV, so we no longer have that deduction.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well I found out that when you marry and get a ready made family (step Children) I went from owing an extra 1-5k to getting a refund of more than I payed in. Im pretty sure that wont be happening again next year as the job move I just made pretty much doubled my yearly bring home.
This is something that most folks either do not realize or do not want to admit. Most of the people that I worked with claimed to pay income taxes when they actually did not. Another reason that we should have a flat tax with no deductions.

Michael

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL!

TRdoc, are you talking all payroll/income taxes, to include medicare, social security and state income taxes or just fed income?

I mean everything. It's all taxes, despite what they may tell you.

As for deductions... ugh, what a joke. So many things disallowed, it's not even funny. Just saw another of my frequent fliers who is living off our system. Glad I could be here to earn a wage and pay for his BS...

Latest posts

Top Bottom