How the media lies by telling the truth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you apply that standard to articles from Czech newpapers you never heard of (especially when they tell you something you want to hear)?

Absolutely. You see, I have prior knowledge that the statements made by the Bohemians are correct. I suspect your post, and the one below it, was motivated by NOT hearing what you wanted to hear and the fact that your ox was gored.

Newspeak tactics: Accuse the other person of your own actions.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:faint:
Absolutely. You see, I have prior knowledge that the statements made by the Bohemians are correct. I suspect your post, and the one below it, was motivated by NOT hearing what you wanted to hear and the fact that your ox was gored.

Newspeak tactics: Accuse the other person of your own actions.
So you went to the trouble of vetting a Czech newspaper? :bowdown:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One other factor of the misleading story is that the media knows that the majority of news readers will pay attention to the headline and maybe the first 5 paragraphs of the story. I've seen many cases were the story completely changes from the earlier part of the story in something like the 15th paragraph. So, if one isn't reading the whole story, one isn't getting the "whole" news.

Latest posts

Top Bottom