How to cancel your NRA membership

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only way to change it is to NOT support the NRA and instead focus your time and effort on an organization like the GOA that is not in bed with D.C.

If you continue to support the NRA, you are only rewarding them for "sensible gun legislation" that gnaws away at the Constitution, your freedoms & liberty, and the principles of this nation.

I feel the pot getting warm, and I'm smart enough to jump out before it comes to a boil.

I did support them, for years (decades?). I just gave up waiting for them to start making a difference. I agree with them, I like them, I can't wait for ever.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I mentioned earlier, I used to be a member of GOA, I have met and talked to Larry Pratt, I like their approach.
I believe, perhaps wrongly, that unless we support the NRA we can lose everything. There are forces in the Beltway and beyond that work against our Constitution. These forces are aware of the numbers supporting the NRA, the money behind the NRA and of course the votes they can generate.
The GOA has been around for years but for whatever reason, they have not been able to reach the point they can replace the NRA. IMHO, the GOA has to go in hopes that another organization more capable can replace them and become the premier gun rights organization.
Till then, they are wasting resources that can be of better use and they prevent us from having a united front.

Henry

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We need the power of numbers to protect our 2nd amendment rights and the NRA is our only option at this time. Probably the only reason we still have the limited rights we do.
Oh sure, they do things we as individuals may not agree with, but, all in all, they are a voice for us.

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We need the power of numbers to protect our 2nd amendment rights and the NRA is our only option at this time. Probably the only reason we still have the limited rights we do.
Oh sure, they do things we as individuals may not agree with, but, all in all, they are a voice for us.

The NRA is nothing more than an active voice of compromise.
Here's what the NRA has done for you:

http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101613

Reaction score
Olyeller and Henry speak very wisely.

308shooter, praytell then, what DO you do to support the 2nd amendment rights, if not contribute to NRA? I've got 50 bucks that says that you don't lift a stinkin finger - absolutely nothing. I bet you don't even vote.

pocketcarry, you just sound hopeless, frankly, if you cannot figure out that there ain't no way in hell they're gonna refund anything, nor should they, nor should you want to.

Some people......

lump

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tell your CC company you didn't authorize it.
They'll get it back or you can have your account number changed also.
I absolutely would. I've caught it so far before it got to that point. Another wonderful thing they have done is when they give me the "OBAMA'S COMEN' FER YER GUNS!!" calls - they have been calling my parents. Not the number I gave them. If it's the nra or someone they sold my info too, you think they could at least call the right number.

Gun owners of America looks like a decent organization. I'll read about them at work tomorrow.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We did lose many gun rights with their help in 1934 and 1968.

We also lost an opportunity in McDonald for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms to be considered an immunity of being a United States citizen. The NRA, as they have in other cases, supported going the Due Process route. According to Heller, McDonald, and the NRA through their support, the only gun right that is protected by the Second Amendment is the right to own a handgun for self defense within the home.

I doubt that the NRA has the power to write Constitutional law. That power is in the SCOTUS. When "we the people" elect Presidents that appoint the wrong people in the Court, you know that the 2nd will suffer.
For a long time we have known that the Democrat Presidents appoint extreme Liberals to the Court and we keep voting for them. I don't even want to thing what will happen if Obama, the President who got such a majority, gets to appoint another couple of Judges.
You will not be allowed to have even toy guns. When that happens, you can continue blaming the NRA but somewhere along the line you may decide that the NRA fights on a stage that "we the people" build for them.
I have no doubt that if Obama gets reelected, in his last term he will become very creative on the 2nd amendment rights.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt that the NRA has the power to write Constitutional law. That power is in the SCOTUS.

I never said they did, and the Supreme Court does not make laws - it reviews them.

The NRA has repeatedly supported incorporation of the Second Amendment, but only through the Due Process Clause. Their typical M.O. is to state their position as either/or in the beginning, but when it comes time to voice the opinion of gun owners they only support Due Process because they do not want to revisit Slaughter-House.

Due Process leaves all aspects of the Second Amendment open to interpretation at any time at the Court's whim. That, and their open support of the NFA and GCA, are enough to show me that their position is not truly in the best interest of gun rights in America.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never said they did, and the Supreme Court does not make laws - it reviews them.

The NRA has repeatedly supported incorporation of the Second Amendment, but only through the Due Process Clause. Their typical M.O. is to state their position as either/or in the beginning, but when it comes time to voice the opinion of gun owners they only support Due Process because they do not want to revisit Slaughter-House.

Due Process leaves all aspects of the Second Amendment open to interpretation at any time at the Court's whim. That, and their open support of the NFA and GCA, are enough to show me that their position is not truly in the best interest of gun rights in America.

Perhaps they try to get the best they can from a Lefty loaded Court.

Latest posts

Top Bottom